Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Our Remodeling Adventure

I am so excited.....after living here for 5 years now we are finally getting new floors downstairs. We decided to have tile put in the entry way and laundry/bathroom and then have the whole rest of the downstairs be laminate wood flooring. We had also decided to get a new sliding glass door put in as well (the one that is in now is a piece of crap). OOOOHHH EXCITING you may be thinking but it is starting to become a hassle.

So the guy putting the door in was suppose to come today sometime between noon and 3pm. Around 2pm he called and said he was running behind schedule and would be there between 4pm and 5pm. I was a little perturbed because I had been sitting around ALL day waiting for him. So 4:30pm rolls around and still no guy!!!! He does call and tries to reschedule for tomorrow morning. Well the floor guys are starting tomorrow morning and we wanted our door in before they got here. The door guy said he would still come but it would be a little while before he could here. That was fine with me, I just wanted the door put in.

Meanwhile Jared came home from work and brought Scott with him to help move out all the furniture and appliances because I am a wuss and can't lift or move anything. They were able to get everything out (so now I am with out a stove, a washer, and a dryer for the next few days). Even by the time Jared and Scott were done the door guy STILL hadn't come. We finally got a hold of him and guess what??? ....He wasn't going to be able to come because he went to pick the door up and it got cut to small. So now come to find out they all got their wires mixed up because according to them the size of door that we need, needs to specially ordered and get this it is going to cost TWICE as much as they originally told us. AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!! They did tell Jared that since they messed up somewhere they will cover the extra cost.....they better or I will be MAD!!! So now tomorrow we have to go and pick out a totally different door and wait 10 to 14 days before they can even get it in and then who knows how long until we can have it installed.

Even though we don't have a new door yet we still are going ahead and having the floors put in and I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Alli said...

OH heather.. Sounds so fun! I Want new floors but, that's not going to happen for awhile.. HOW FUN!! Stinks about your door but, they better cover the extra costs!!

S Tippetts said...

Well I can definitely sympathize with what you are going through!! My new kitchen cabinets are here and fortunatley only one piece seems to have a problem and the install inspectors said it shouldn't hold up the installation. I hoping so, but we will have to wait and see. Good luck today with the flooring.

Kelli J. said...

never goes exactly as planned. We were planning to be without a kitchen for a week or two...turned into 6!!! It was crazy!