We think Ian is a very funny boy. We often wonder where he gets the things he says. Today he said a few funny things that I wanted to get written down. It is these funny moments that make being a parent so much fun and well worth it.
The first funny Ian thing ..... We have had this annoying fly in our house (we just need to get a fly swatter) and today during lunch the fly decided to join Ian. I was at the sink cleaning up and I see Ian swinging his arm in the air singing "Shoo fly don't bother me". I didn't even know he knew that song.
The second funny Ian thing..... All of our toys downstairs had gotten dumped out, it's an every day occurrence. It was time to clean up so I turned to Ian and politely asked him to help me clean up the toys. He was sitting in his little chair and turned to look at me and said "But Mom cleaning up is soooo boring". I find it funny that my three year old already knows that cleaning up is a chore. I remember not too long ago when he didn't mind cleaning up his toys.
Well there are the funnies for the day. We have been very lucky in the fact that he really has never gotten into things he shouldn't. He has not graced us with his artist abilities on the walls, thank goodness. He has never been a climber. He has just been good, until today. Now I have a story to add to the mix of kids who are naughty. Ian went in to use the bathroom. I realized he had been in there for a lot longer than he usually is. I walked in to check on him and he was standing up to the sink with his tongue sticking out trying to wipe it with his hand while saying "YUCKY". Come to find out he decided to drink the soapy water in the sink that I had some of Maggie's poopy clothes soaking in (ya gross, poopy detergenty water). He decided that tasted not so good so he decided to spray "SHOUT" in his mouth. SO GROSS!!!!! Some may wonder why did I have those things sitting out...well he never would touch them before today. I learned my lesson....keep all laundry supplies out of reach.
5 comments:
Ah, the joy's of motherhood. Poopy soapy water, gross!!!
I am glad you found me. Now I have your blog to read! Woo-hoo!
Your kids are soo cute!
Ian is too funny.
I can't believe this is the first time he's gotten into stuff. He is such a curious and exploratory kid that I would have that that you had dealt with this long ago.
We love to read the funny Ian stories. Hopefull he will not develop a taste for the YUCKY soapy water or the SHOUT. Remember how Catherine and Josh liked to ear Tide? Oh, yes and cleanser and Catherine liked to lick lotion off her hands.
Opps, I made a spelling error. Catherine liked to eat not ear Tide. Sorry.
Oh Heather, that made me laugh out loud. Reading that he drank the poopy detergenty water almost made me throw up in my mouth. And then to make it better, Shout! How funny!!!!
Post a Comment