Monday, May 26, 2008

Not a Good Weekend

I don't mean to play the "Poor Heather" card but this weekend was pretty yucky for the most part. It all started out on Friday night. We went out to eat at a local establishment, I don't want to stay just in case some people like to eat there. The kids were actually well behaved. The food was good going down but not so good coming back up about 4 hours later. I think I got a touch of food poisoning. I NEVER throw up, not even when I am pregnant, so this was pretty bad for me. I ended up having to run to the bathroom 3 times in less than an hour. Needless to say I had a horrible night. Usually throwing up makes one feel better but not me, my stomach was pretty upset and knowing that I had to be at work at 9am the next morning I was not happy about this.

I ended up not getting a lot of sleep and was still feeling pretty awful in the morning. While I was trying to get ready for work the kids woke up. Jared went in to get them and realized that Maggie had a HUGE explosion in her bed and all over her. He seemed a little unsure of what to do so I grabbed her and just sat her in the tub while I decided what the next step should be. While trying to undress her without getting the YUCK every where Ian started crying. Just our luck he peed the bed. Could this morning get any worse? After we got the kids under control and all cleaned up I headed out to put in an 8 hour shift of cutting hair. After being at work for just about 5 hours I asked if I could go home. I was not feeling any better, I was actually feeling worse. I didn't want to yack all over someones hair. I came home and slept for about 3 hours. When I woke up I was feeling much better and ready to gear up for a night of playing games with our friends. We went over to Scott and Jenny's to play games and had a lot of fun. We played my new favorite game, Time's Up. Jenny and I never win but I still think it is pretty fun. Oh and Maggie had a huge explosion at their house as well. I don't know what it is but she has been having a lot of those lately.

We came home and fell right to sleep. Jump to Sunday morning....I was putting the final preparation on my Sharing Time when I could feel something in my eye. I went over to mirror but couldn't find anything in there. I just kept rubbing it hoping that what ever was in there would move itself out. Unfortunately it didn't and all through church my eye hurt so bad. I kept having to go to the bathroom to use the mirror to see if I could see anything in my eye. By the time we left church my eyeball was completely red and was starting to swell. When we got home I jumped right on the computer to find out if I could find what the cause of this pain in my eye was and to figure out how to fix it. I thought it might be pink eye but I was not sure. I decided to go ahead and run to Target to get some eye drops. As the evening went on I just kept putting in eye drops. The pain and burning sensation went away but it was still watering pretty badly. I made it through the night and in the morning I freaked out a little when I could open my eye. It was "glued" shut and still pretty swollen. I continued to put drops in it. About half way through the morning my eye was feeling much better but the other one was staring to hurt. So now I have 2 swollen red eyes that hurt. The one is looking much better and hopefully by tomorrow they will be even better.

Even with my red swollen eyes I decided we needed to go buy a new stroller for the trip the kids and I are taking later this week. We didn't have a double stroller and I will be flying with the kids to Sacramento on Thursday. I was just planning on taking one stroller for Maggie and to just make Ian walk with us through the airport. The more I thought about it the more I decided we should look into a double stroller (Ian walks pretty slow). I really liked those Sit n' Stand strollers so we went out to find one. Babies R Us were out of them so we headed over to Target, I love that store. Sure enough they had one, I was so excited. Now taking both of the kids through the airport by myself doesn't seem all that bad.

This weekend was not very good but things are looking better. My eyes don't burn very much anymore...I hope the pain goes away soon. I am not sure if it is Pink Eye or just some weird random thing going on with them. I know Pink Eye is contagious but no one in my family had gotten it and I hope they don't because what ever is going on with my eyes hurts. I hope next weekend will be better...it should, we will be in California!!!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm sorry you're weekend was so bad. The stroller looks nice. You'll have to tell me if it works out.

Natalie said...

That is so sad! Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours. My brother has the sit and ride and they love it so I hope you like yours too!