Sunday, February 3, 2008

Teething, Church, & the Superbowl (what a combination)

Maggie has decided that she wants to go through the teething stage and boy has it been rough on me. She has developed this horrible scream that seems to be a mix of her being very mad at us and being in some pain. Waking up to this scream 4 to 6 times a night has not been very good. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep Thursday or Friday night. Last night we determined that it was probably her teeth that was bugging her but nothing was working to ease her pain so I called my sister Hollie to get reassurance that it was ok for me to give her some pain reliever. I was desperate to get more than an hours sleep at a time.  She luckily slept the whole night from about 10pm to 7am, it was so nice. I hope tonight she does the same.

We went to church this afternoon. What a chore it is to get ready for church with 2 kids. I had to do sharing time today so I also had to make sure I had everything for that. We actually made it to church a little early today and was able to actually sit in the chapel and not in the overflow area. Jared helped with passing the sacrament and once again Ian was a little pill for me. Our friend Mandy was sitting in front of us and held Maggie which was nice because I ended up having to take Ian in the hall for his bad behavior. He is so loud, not reverent and on top of that he was trying to hide under the benches. I was trying to get him sit on my lap but he decided to throw his head into my chin which was very painful for me and Ian thought it was pretty funny. It was rough but we made it through our meetings and Ian didn't want to leave, he loves going to nursery.

Watching football is not my favorite thing to do but after church we headed up to our friend's house to watch the Superbowl and have dinner. This was our first time to Joel and Michelle's new house. It is very nice and HUGE. I could live in their closet.  Ian had fun playing with Maliyah and the other girls. At one point in the evening he came in the family room with his boots on and said he was ready to go home, but we weren't. He decided that it was OK to stay a little longer and when were finally ready to leave he didn't want to go.

All in all it was an OK day, what more could you ask for.....Oh wait it could have been a whole lot better if it wasn't snowing. When will it be over?

Ian riding Maliyah's Pony...it neighs, moves it's head and the tail even wags....Ian though it was cool
 
Here is Mags playing, she is rolling all over the place now

Maliyah and Ian playing together in her kitchen
 
Ian decided to get in the picture at the last minute and Maggie looked away!!!
  What a cheeser!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

If I'm not mistaken I think I heard a,

"Get off me, mom!" and a "I'm sorry, mom," coming from your bench.

It might have been somewhere else though :) I thought it was cute. Made me snicker. Ian is a crack up.

I'm glad you had a good time watching the football game. We had a fun time not watching it here. I am blessed with a husband who is completely nonplussed by sports. :)

And good luck with the sleeping thing. We are suffering with that over here, too. Rachel was up from like 3-6 am yesterday after waking up every hour before that.

She woke up at 7 and then at 8 I finally pushed Andrew out of bed and told him it was his turn. :)

I feel your pain!

Bonnie Parks said...

Wow, I must have been in my own little world at church today because I didn't hear Ian, and you guys weren't far away from us. Maybe it was the baby-needing-a-nap-while-her-daddy-decides-he-needs-to-bear-his-testimony thing. I was involved with convincing Amy to sleep. Dibbs on another Andrew and Matt similarity - Matt doesn't really get into sports. He likes to play a few here and there and doesn't mind going to a game, but he doesn't go crazy about them. He's about like me in level of interest. In fact yesterday at Macey's which was all decked out in Super Bowl stuff, he admitted that he had thought that the Super Bowl was last week. We're clueless. So no Super Bowl for us. (Not like we could watch it with our lack of TV.) Instead we went to the Norths' and played games. Thanks Nick and Tamsin!

Jared Buchanan said...

Heather is amazing at taking care of Ian and Maggie. You women don't get enough credit for all you do when it comes to the little ones. Kudos. Love ya Heather :)

S Tippetts said...

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that Maggie has been in a little pain. I hope things are going better! Your kids are sooooo cute.
Love ya-