Tuesday, October 1, 2013

September Happenings

WOW!!! Where has the time gone? 
Why have I neglected this poor blog? Not Sure.
Life gets busy I guess.

The month of September has flown by. 
Here are some of the highlights from the last month

Jared took the kids to Comic Con


*********************************

We got to go to our annual trip to Lagoon thanks to Jared's work.



I got Mr. Smarty Pants to go on a few roller coasters. 
He was scared at first but then afterwards he shouted "That was AWESOME!!!"

**************************************

Sweets has had a bit of adjustment having her brother and sister gone all day at school.
She has learned to play by herself to keep herself entertained.
One day I came downstairs to find all these animals lined up on the couch
 and Sweets told me that she was having a talent show.
She stood on a box in front of them and starting singing and dancing.
It was too cute.

**********************************

I ventured into canning. I canned a few bottles of salsa that I made with using tomatoes from our garden. It was so yummy that it didn't even last long. It got eaten up pretty quick.

I also canned some yummy peaches.


********************************

Mr. Smarty Pants had his first Pinewood Derby.
He wanted his car to look like Pikachu.
With dads help the car turned out great and went pretty fast. 
He didn't win but wasn't in last place either.


Mr.Smarty Pants also finally got his Bobcat Badge.
So proud of him and his commitment to doing Scouts.


****************************************

Jared and I both celebrated our 37th birthdays. 
For Jared's birthday we headed out to dinner with Jen and Ashlin and got one of Jared's favorite food.....wings. We also continue our tradition of letting the kids get presents at the dollar store. Those kids pick out some pretty awesome presents.

I unfortunately spent most of my birthday in bed with swollen puffy pink eye. Not fun to say the least but I did get to take not one but two naps that day.


Well there's our month in a nutshell.
Now we are on to October.......





2 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow, you guys have been busy. I miss the Lagoon trips.

We need to get together. When do the kids have fall break?

Rach said...

Fun stuff going on at your place!
Love the stuffed animals on the couch...too cute.
Miss you tons... I keep remembering those times when we had our first babies living next door to each other...so hard yet so simple now that I look back...good times. You were such a sanity saver to me!