Sunday, June 2, 2013

School's Out For Summer

School's out and we already have begun our summer fun.
As usual we made our Summer Fun List.
It's a list that we make of things we would like to do during the summer and check them off as we do them. The kids love to see all the checks go up and it gives us things to look forward to all summer long.
 
First up, we had a little outing to Trafalga. This will be one of many trips here this summer.
Since we got the "Pass of all Passes" we will be visiting the fun centers often this summer.
Mr. Smarty Pants and Sass love to golf. Sweets on the other hand, well she just like to climb on everything.
We are still working on our good sportsmanship and actually learning how to golf.
 
 
And what's a summer without a SNOWIE??
Yeah we know how to start the summer right.
 
 
I want us to have an active summer. I want to run a 5K and if I dare I'd love to do a Half Marathon....yikes!!!! We will see if that happens. It may not happen until the fall. I have to get my butt running more often. But with wanting to be more active and all I decided the other day that we were going to ride bikes to a park that is only about 1 mile away. When I told the kids about this they of course complained and said it was too far away and that they couldn't do it, it would be too hard. I talked to them and told them that we can do hard things and we needed to prove to ourselves that we could. So with that being said we all hoped on our bikes (it's a good thing my neighbor has a bike for me with a seat for Sweets to borrow) and headed over to the park. They were so proud of themselves and were amazed that they rode all the way to park and back.
I rewarded them with some cookies that I brought along.
 

The girls and I had a girls morning. I got a pedicure and the girls each got their fingers and toes painted. They thought it was coolest thing ever and couldn't stop smiling the whole time we were there. I tried to get a picture of all our toes but the girls wouldn't cooperate.
 
 
and to complete this post I had to throw in a picture of Crazy Sweets.
Here she was licking her paws like a cat.
She is crazy but we sure do love her.
 



 

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I love that you do a bucket list. We need to do one here.