Monday, January 28, 2013

Ears Pierced

I was 14 when I got my ears pierced. I think I was even lucky to get them done then. The only reason why I was able to is because around my 14th birthday my mom was on a game show and had won diamond earrings. She too did not have her ears pierced but wanted to keep the earrings so was going to have her ears pierced so she could wear the earring that she won. We went together and got them done. I don't remember much about it hurting or it being anything dramatic. After that for as long as I can remember I had always thought that if I ever have girls I would let them get their ears pierced whenever they asked for it. Sassafrass was 4 when she wanted them done and lately Sweets has seen me change Sass's earrings and has kept asking for her earrings. I told her she didn't have any and she would get upset. I asked her if she wanted her ears pierced too so she could wear earrings and she got all excited and said "YES!!!"  We didn't go out right away and do it but for about a week she kept asking where her earrings were so this last Saturday the kids and I ventured out to the mall and got Sweets ears pierced.

She did so good and didn't even cry. She thought about it but didn't.
She was so brave.
She picked out pink earrings and is so proud of them.

1 comment:

Rach said...

She is so STINKIN cute!! I can't believe she didn't cry!