Monday, January 30, 2012

A Wicked Weekend

I just had a very wonderful weekend.
My sisters, myself, & our mom were lucky enough to be able to get together for the weekend.
Even though it was a very quick trip it was fun.

We started out our adventure with having a family breakfast with just our family. We figured that it must have been around 11 or 12 years since we had a meal with just us (mom, dad, and us 5 siblings). We sat around and reminisced while we ate. When we were younger we would play a game every so often called "Dollar for Dollar". My brothers and sisters and I would each get to make a guess at how much money we thought my dad had in his wallet and whoever was the closest within $5 would get the money. We weren't very good at the game because most of the time no one would even win, our guesses were usually way out of the $5 range. My dad thought it would be fun to play this again. We each thought long and hard and made our guesses. And guess what....I WON!!!! My dad did say that he would just give the money to whoever was the closest. I ended up only being $3.26 off. That was the first time I ever won at this game.

After breakfast us girls headed out and got some pedicures. I love getting pedicures and should probably get them more often. My feet were so bad that even the lady working on them asked me if I was a runner cause according to her runners have some pretty beat up feet. I just laughed and said "NO I just have horrible feet" and she agreed with me. They look all pretty now!!!

We then grabbed lunch at Panera. I LOVE that place. I wish they had one here. The food is soooo good, super yummy soups and sandwiches. After lunch we headed out to do a little shopping and with my recent winnings I bought a new shirt. Yeah for me!!!

After shopping we headed back to my parents and relaxed for a little bit and then got ready to head out for the night. We drove into Hollywood and ate at Red O Restaurant. It was AMAZING. It was one those fancy shamncy restaurants where the lights are all dimmed, the food is gourmet, and they even had bathroom attendants. The head chef there even won some cook off , I think the waiter said it was Master Chef. After dinner we headed over to the Pantages Theater and saw "Wicked". All I have to say about it is .....WOW!!!! I was blown away with the performance. I love going to the theater and this is probably my favorite now.


Girls weekends are great and fun and this one was no exception
Just what I needed to recharge my life
Thanks for the fun!!!

3 comments:

Alli said...

What a fun thing! I am glad you had a good time and had great company! :)

Rach said...

Wow! Beautiful ladies...all four of ya!

S Tippetts said...

I am so glad we were able to get together. I had an amazing weekend with all of you. Thank your husband for taking care of the kido's for us. Love ya