Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year....New Goals...Revamped

My last post was about some new goals I wanted to set for the year. They are good goals but the more I thought about the more I wanted to have some more. So here is my new revamped list of goals for the year


1. Have Date Night More Often: It's hard to get out with 3 little ones. Money's tight and we don't always have the funds to pay for a babysitter and to go out. We are lucky though that my parents gave us season tickets to the Hale Center Theater for Christmas so we will be able to at least go out kid-less at least once every six weeks or so. But to try to have more dates will have to opt to having at home dates once the kiddos are down for the night. I want to try to do this at least twice a month.

2. Birthdays: Birthdays are fun for everyone no matter what the age and in the past I was pretty good about acknowledging birthdays for those in our families. But as the years have gone on I have pretty much been a slacker with it. Everyone likes to have their birthdays acknowledged....I know I do, so for this goal I am going to try real hard to either send a card, make a phone call, or even text those a special "Happy Birthday" for all the members in our family.

3. Lose 10 Pounds: This is a repeat from last year too. I did not do this last year. One good positive thing is even though I didn't lose 10 pounds I wanted to I didn't gain 10 pounds either . I am still at what I weighed this time last year and I am still not happy about it so I will attempt to lose those pesky 10 pounds or maybe more...ha!!!

4. Family Time: I really want to try hard to spend more time as a family doing things.  Time goes too fast and I want to be able to look back and have some good ol' family fun times to laugh and reminisce about. Not only do I want this to do with my own little family but with our extended family as well.

5. Put Myself Together: A few years ago a friend of mine who was at the end of her pregnancy told me about how one of her clients told her boss that she looked tired and unkempt. My friend was horrified that someone thought that about her but from that moment on she decided that she was going to put effort in everyday to make herself look nice. This little story has always stuck with me not only because I couldn't believe that someone would tell a ready to pop mommy to be that she looks horrible but also because I want to be like my friend and put myself together. Whenever this friend she is always looks nice and I think if she can do it then so can I. I'm not going to go overboard cause let's face it -- I'm a stay at home mom/wife who doesn't work outside of the home so I'm going to say that I want to put myself together at least 4 days out of the week. Doesn't sound too hard....hopefully.

6. Wake-Up Wednesday: Ever read the blog "I Am Momma Hear Me Roar"? Every Wednesday Cher (the blog author) extends and invitation to do a good deed. I want to try to do as many of these throughout the year as possible. I also want to try to include my family in this as possible. I want my kids to know what good comes from serving others. 

7. Win a Giveaway: I know this sounds lame but I really really really want to win something this year. I read a lot of blogs and so many of them do some awesome giveaways and if I could benefit from it then YIPPEE!!!

8. Be a Better Blogger: I want to document more of my family's milestones. I feel like this past year I haven't kept up with the blog as much as I would like so this year I want to do better. So look forward to more updates...all of probably the 3 people who read this blog. Not only do I want to keep this family blog updated I want to better at posting on my craft blog that I do with my mother in-law and sister in-laws. Want to see it? Click HERE

9. Finances: This is kinda general but everything that deals with money that I would like to and need to work on just fall into a finance category. This includes living on a budget (unfortunately it has to be a very strict budget) and start trying to get out of debt. We shall see when the year is over how well this goal went into action. I have always had trouble with sticking to a budget but it has come down to that I just have to make it work.

OK there you have it my real goals for the year. Wish me luck!!! I hope that I can report at the end of the year more success then I did from the goals last year.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Love it!

I hope you win a giveaway too! ; )