Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 -- California or Bust

We spent our Thanksgiving holiday with my family down in good ol' warm Southern Callifornia.

We almost didn't go with Mr. Smarty Pants and Sweets getting sick over the weekend before but once my said that she too had a cold as well as my sister's kids I thought well lets just get in the car and go. 
I am glad we did.

The kids had a blast with their cousins. We sure wish we lived closer because they get along so well and love playing together. Whenever they see each other they always just act like they played the day before even though it's usually about 6 months since they last saw each other.



Other than eating a yummy Thanksgiving meal, going to the movies, getting family pictures taken, & playing with cousins there wasn't a whole lot that we did. It was nice to just relax and not have to really do anything.

It had been about 8 years since I last had Thanksgiving with anyone in my family and about 18 years since I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving. It was nice to be with them. I sure wish I took some pictures of us on Thanksgiving....oh well but it would have been to have a picture of our feast. My brother got us a whole bunch of different sodas to taste test. It was pretty fun to try all the sodas, some were yummy others weren't. 

The drive there and back was NOT  fun. I don't recommend driving 10 hours with a 12 month old and a 4 year old who asks "are we there yet?" at least 400 times (I'm not exaggerating either).

All in all it was a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!!!

Here are a few pictures I did manage to take
I really need to be better at taking pictures....maybe if I had a new camera (hint, hint)

Sweets playing with grandma's toys
Her favorite thing to do was to dump all the toys out

Mr. Smarty Pants with his bud C

Best Buddies
"K" even said to Sassafrass "I will be your firend forever...OK?"
They love playing together


1 comment:

S Tippetts said...

I'm so glad you came to spend some time with us. Your children were very well behaved. I love how they always let me hug them no matter how long it has been since I have seen them.