We did it......Maggie is potty trained!!!!
YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!
YIPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!
On our recent vacation I decided that I had had it with changing diapers on an almost 3 year old. So 2 days after we got home I just took the plunge and decided to put underwear on Maggie instead of diapers. I must admit I was scared, I didn't want to clean up any accidents. But to our surprise she caught on rather quickly. The first day she only had ONE accident. The second day she had three accidents and I thought as I was cleaning them up "what have I gotten myself into? This is not what I wanted to do!!!". Then from there on out she has had hardly any accidents. If she randomly does have an accident it has always been right in front of the toilet.
We did use the bribing method like we did with Ian but this time we used Starbursts instead of toy cars. Using candy didn't break the bank. We did make a deal with her that if she went 2 days with no accidents she could get a new princess barbie. We thought it would take longer for her to accomplish that task but to our surprise on day 4 of potty training we had to head out to the store to get a new barbie.
It has only been 2 weeks since we started this adventure and Maggie does not only stay dry during the day but she has also mastered staying dry all night!!!!!
Yeah for Maggie and for the fact that we get a few months off of changing and purchasing diapers. Before we know it I will be blogging about potty training this baby that is coming soon.
6 comments:
Yea for Maggie!! You go girl!
This is so not fair. My daughter went backwards becuase she broke her foot.AHHHH!
Congrats to Maggie!
Yeah. I'm so happy for you AND Maggie. That will be a nice break! Way to go Momma!
that is awesome!!! i can't wait until sunshine's diaper-free.
Post a Comment