Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1st Trimester Woes

I think there is a reason why you forget things about being pregnant because if you really did remember every little detail of it all you probably would NEVER do it again!!!

OK so my pregnancies aren't as bad as some others but so far this pregnancy is kicking my butt. I have NO energy or desire to do anything. I feel sooo lazy!!! All I want to do is lay down and sleep ALL DAY.

And food...oh food....yuck, yuck, YUCK!!!! No food ever sounds good to me. One day bagels and cream cheese may sound so YUMMY and delicious so I'll eat it and then the next day bagels and cream cheese will be the most repulsive thing ever!!!! Foods I use to love to eat are now the foods that make my stomach turn just thinking about them. My poor family is suffering from this too. They hardly get REAL meals because not only is food not appealing to me right now but the smells of certain foods makes me want to PUKE!!!! Sometimes even just thinking about food makes me GAG!! I may not throw-up much (so far only 2 times) but I am the gagging queen...don't believe me just ask Jared. I usually start my morning out gagging. I'll gag a few times then I will better until the afternoon hits and the same things happen, I'll gag and dry heave for a little while...feel better until the evening and then it starts all over again.

When I am pregnant I get hyper-sensitive super duper smelling. Jared doesn't like this. He likes to chew gum and I can't STAND the smell of it. The smell of the minty gum will even wake me up. Oh and Maggie's stinky diaper smell will linger in the house to me for hours after wards. I am always asking Jared and Ian if they smell it and of course they can't.....just me and my pregnant nose.

I am now only 9 1/2 weeks and my regular pants are VERY uncomfortable to wear. This morning I put on my favorite pair of jeans (the ones I worked so hard losing weight last fall to fit into) and low and behold....they don't fit anymore. SERIOUSLY???? With my other 2 pregnancies I was able to wear my regular clothes until way after the 1st trimester. What's up with this??? I guess maybe this happens with your third baby. Maybe my body is just saying...."Been there, done that!!" so it is ballooning up a little earlier than usual. Jared says it's because there is more than one baby in there. Well we have had an ultrasound and they only saw one baby.

Well only have a few more weeks before I head into the 2nd trimester and hopefully these pregnancy woes will go away. We shall see.

I just want to let you all know that even though I am complaining a little I am VERY happy to be pregnant. Those who know me know that getting pregnant is not an easy task. We are not as lucky as most couples and can pick and choose when they want to get pregnant. I am very grateful to be pregnant again and am so excited for this little baby to join our family. Now I am just looking forward to the end of this month when we can go and hear our little baby again and be reassured that everything is going good.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Pregnancy nose can be a good thing: once I kept insisting I smelled gas, no one else could smell it, called Questar anyway, Questar guy couldn't smell it, tested anyway. LEAK! Tiny one, but I could smell it thanks to pregnancy nose.

Alli said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy that I will never do again.. Sometimes I get sad about that! But, it is fun to be pregnant yet, so hard also! and it does get alittle worse with each one in different ways! I am so happy for you to be having another one! :) they are so fun!! :)

S Tippetts said...

I'm so sorry that you are going through this awful state of PG. It will get better.

Happy Harrison said...

I think every woman should be able to complain as much as she wants when she's pregnant (especially in the 1st and 3rd trimesters when life is...well...horrible) and not have to worry about justifing it. I mean let's be honest, pregnancy sucks. Getting a baby at the end of it is one of the only redeeming qualities. So, complain all you want. And I say sit around and do nothing all you want too because if the memory fades enough for you to want to do it again, it will certainly fade quickly for your family. In a few months, when you're hopefully feeling better, no one will remember that they didn't have breakfast, lunch or dinner for three months, that they wore dirty clothes, and that the TV was on ALL day long.

Natti said...

CONGRATS!!! I saw you write something on facebook about being pregnant and thought "where the hell have I been, when did this happen?!" I'm glad to read your blog and see that I'm not to far out of it. I'm excited for you guys even though right now things aren't to much fun, good for you for thinking positive! I hope your second trimester is more comfortable.