Happy 2nd Birthday Maggie
Today our baby turns 2!!!! As I think back about the day she was born I remember how excited I was to meet her and to see what she looked liked. Her delivery was pretty easy....we arrived at the hospital at around 7am. They took me into the operating room at 8am and she was born at exactly 8:30am on August 1, 2007. I was so excited to witness her birth (even though it was a c-section and I couldn't really see anything anyways). I was not awake during Ian's birth so I didn't get to witness any firsts for him so with Maggie it was a whole new experience for me. I got to see her somewhat as they pulled her out and got to hear her cry for the first time. I remember how special it was to witness her coming into the world (and of course I was crying the whole time). We didn't have a name picked out for her. I think we went through about 8 names for her through out the pregnancy. When Jared brought her over to me I kissed her and asked him what her name was and he said "Either Caroline or Maggie, you decide". I remember being a little shocked because Jared never really seemed like he liked the name Maggie even though I LOVED the name. I looked at her and said "how about Maggie?", she let out a cry and I said "OK...Maggie it is". SI took that as she agreed and that's how our little girl got her name.....Maggie Elizabeth.
Today our baby turns 2!!!! As I think back about the day she was born I remember how excited I was to meet her and to see what she looked liked. Her delivery was pretty easy....we arrived at the hospital at around 7am. They took me into the operating room at 8am and she was born at exactly 8:30am on August 1, 2007. I was so excited to witness her birth (even though it was a c-section and I couldn't really see anything anyways). I was not awake during Ian's birth so I didn't get to witness any firsts for him so with Maggie it was a whole new experience for me. I got to see her somewhat as they pulled her out and got to hear her cry for the first time. I remember how special it was to witness her coming into the world (and of course I was crying the whole time). We didn't have a name picked out for her. I think we went through about 8 names for her through out the pregnancy. When Jared brought her over to me I kissed her and asked him what her name was and he said "Either Caroline or Maggie, you decide". I remember being a little shocked because Jared never really seemed like he liked the name Maggie even though I LOVED the name. I looked at her and said "how about Maggie?", she let out a cry and I said "OK...Maggie it is". SI took that as she agreed and that's how our little girl got her name.....Maggie Elizabeth.
Maggie has been such a joy to have in our family.
Here are a few of Maggie's favs at age 2
Favorite Food: Cheese
Favorite Shows: Word World, Imagination Movers, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite Toy: Probably her stuffed animals....Elmo & Puppy
Favorite Friend: Her brother Ian (Ema, Winston, & Amy are tied for 2nd)
Favorite Things To Do: Color, Play with Play-doh, Play Outside in the water,
Play with Mommy's hair, & get into things she shouldn't...oh and make messes
Favorite Time of Day: Bath time...this girl LOVES the water
Happy Birthday Mags!!!!
Here are a few of Maggie's favs at age 2
Favorite Food: Cheese
Favorite Shows: Word World, Imagination Movers, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite Toy: Probably her stuffed animals....Elmo & Puppy
Favorite Friend: Her brother Ian (Ema, Winston, & Amy are tied for 2nd)
Favorite Things To Do: Color, Play with Play-doh, Play Outside in the water,
Play with Mommy's hair, & get into things she shouldn't...oh and make messes
Favorite Time of Day: Bath time...this girl LOVES the water
Happy Birthday Mags!!!!
Maggie a few days old
6 comments:
so cute! Happy Birthday Maggie!
Yipppeeee! She was such a cute baby, and now a cute girl! :)
Happy Birthday to Maggie! When I announced that we were going sing her happy birthday in nursery yesterday she excitedly came and sat on my lap. She seemed to be soaking up all the attention everyone was giving her. When we clapped afterwards I think Maggie was hoping we'd sing to her again. It was very cute. And I must confess I'm glad Amy is one of her favorite friends. Amy loves Maggie too. They were funny in Sacrament Meeting yesterday. Anyway, happy birthday Maggie!
OK, I cried a little bit when I read your entry. I remember too. She is really a joy to have in our family. I love you Maggie.
How funny. I read the title to this post and wondered when exactly her birthday was. And then it dawned on me...hello, our girls share a birthday. So Happy Belated Birthday to Maggie! Hope it was fun for her and for you!
How funny. I read the title of this post and wondered when exactly her birthday was. And then it dawned on me...hello, our girls share a birthday! Anyway, Happy Belated birthday to Maggie!! Hope it was fun for her and for you. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment