Sunday, April 26, 2009

My First Talk

Usually my blogs are about the kids but today this ones is about me. Today I did something for the first time and I wanted to document it. I gave my first Talk in Sacrament Meeting today. I was sooo scared and nervous but it all turned out OK. I guess I did good job because I had a lot of people come up to me afterwards and said that they enjoyed my talk. I was the second speaker and I was scared that maybe the speaker before me would tell the same information I had. Luckily that did not happen. All three speakers spoke on Fasting and luckily we all took different angles on the subject. When I first stood up there I thought I was going to start crying but after I started talking I just felt a sense of calmness come over me. I was still nervous and kept playing with my shoes the whole talk but I did it and that is a MAJOR accomplishment for me!!!! Since I am 32 years old and this was my first talk I don't expect to give another one for another 32 years.

9 comments:

Rach said...

Way to go! I'm glad to hear it went okay. I was thinking about ya!

Jennifer said...

Great job, public speaking is not my thing!

Alli said...

Way to go! I new you could do it! I am glad that it went good!

Bonnie Parks said...

(This is Matt)

Heather, you did a great job on your talk. In fact, you did SO good that instead of waiting 32 years, we'll just wait 32 days before we ask you to speak again! ;-) Well done.

... and I was kinda nervous you might lose your balance or miss your shoe one of those times. =)

Happy Harrison said...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear it because Sunshine decided to go down for her morning nap at 10:30, but I asked Clay how you did, and I said, "tell me really. don't just tell me she did a good job because she's my friend. tell me how she really did."
He said you did a GREAT job. He said your talk was his favorite, by far, out of the three.
So...GOOD JOB!!! (sorry I missed it)

Memmott Family said...

Good job. I told the bishop that I wouldn't ahve to talk for a long time.. HOpefully that is true. I dislike praying too! I am sure you did a great job!
liz

Nancy said...

I'm sure you did a great job, too. You always do so well with your primary lessons...that has to bode well for sacrament meeting. I'll bet you didn't bore anyone! :)

Natalie said...

Wow! I'm impressed you got out of it for that long! I'm sure you did a fantastic job! You should be proud of yourself.

Kimberlee said...

Wow, I really just can't believe that you've stayed under the radar for that long. I've averaged a talk per year for the past three years and will probably be speaking shortly in our new ward.
Congrats on making it through your first talk. I'm sure you had some great things to say. But you shouldn't have done so well - now the bishopric knows you're a good speaker so they'll call on you a lot more.