Ian is smart...no really he is REALLY smart. People tell us all the time how smart he is and we usually just comment with a "yeah" and leave it at that. Well here is my little bragging moment. Last night Jared's sister Jen was watching the kids for us so we could out on a much needed and way overdue date. Jen, Ashlin, & Ian were playing Mario Party 8 on the Wii (Ian loves to play the Wii). They were getting the game started and some instructions popped up on the screen and Ian starts to read it to Jen and Ash. Jen was amazed that he was reading the words. She said "I didn't know you could read!" He replied with a "Yeah I can". Then she asked "Who taught you how to read?" He replied with " I taught myself".
Seriously.... the boy can read. He really did pretty much teach himself how to read. He has been reading for a couple of months now. He will pick up a book and just start reading it. It even amazes us....where did he come from?? :) Even in Primary a few weeks ago they were going over the scripture for the month and Ian just read the whole thing out loud to everyone. Afterwards I think we had 3 people come up to us and asked if he knew how to read. Oh and here to top it all off.....Ian is only 3 1/2 years old...he is just a Sunbeam....isn't that quite young to just pick up reading all on his own?
Well there is my bragging moment. My 3 1/2 year old can read. I just wanted to get this written down because this blog is our family journal.
4 comments:
That is awesome. I cannot get Lola interested in letters even. She is starting, but when i try to have "school or learning" time she just wants to run and play. I try to make if fun. Back to you. This is awesome. What a talented kid.
That is amazing.. Zack is reading just this year and he will be 7 the end of the month! so , you havve a very smart boy!
Personally, I think it's because of his mom.
p.s. thanks for the warning about Maggie almost eating the poop. I should have listened better!
Way cool! Katey wanted to start writing so bad and asking to be taught. She got tired of waiting and just started copying everything she saw and now she gets 100% on her spelling tests every time and loves doing the extra credit words. All without practicing. It's so cool to have kids that want to learn. You are such a good mommy :0)
Post a Comment