Earlier in the week I received a letter stating that I was to report for Jury Duty at 8am on Friday morning. Needless to say I was not happy about this. I have 2 young children at home that need me and I didn't want to have to find a sitter for ALL day. Friday was also Jared's work family party at Lagoon. I didn't want to spend all day in a court room and miss out on taking my kids to Lagoon. The letter I received told me to call on Thursday evening to find out weather or not they needed jurors the next day. I was crossing my fingers in hope that the people would be able to settle out of court and that they didn't need my services. I almost started crying when I called and found out that they indeed did not settle and I was still to report at 8am the next morning.
Jared was able to stay at home with the kids so I was off to the Court House. When I arrived early Friday morning I was still wishing that I could get out of it. To make a long story shorter I did get out of it and was able to leave around noonish and we were still able to go to Lagoon. I realized that if you answer their questions just right they won't choose you.
Now on to Lagoon. We had so much fun!! Every year Nu Skin has a family summer party at Lagoon. They always give away prizes at their parties as well. This year as you went through the turny things they randomly pick out employees and gave them a card with a number on it. If you got a number then you went over to the prize table to find out what you won. Jared has been a Nu Skin employee for 8 1/2 years and has never won anything at the Summer or Christmas parties. He got lucky this year! I guess we picked out the right line and got in line at the right time because Jared was handed a number as he walked through the front gate and he won a Nikon Cool Pix Digital Camera!!! YEAH FOR JARED!!!!! The people in front of us were suppose to win but the lady's husband who was actually the employee was not with her so they were out of luck and Jared was the next employee to walk through that gate.
Ian loved going on all the kiddy rides. I tried to get him to go some other non-kid rides but he wasn't having it. Maggie was able to go on the Carousel and the Train. She was scared on both of the rides and I have the scratch marks on my neck to prove it. Maggie also refused to nap so she got the nickname of "Little Miss Cranky Pants". All in all we had fun!! Oh and I forgot my camera that is why there were no pictures and the one Jared had to charged up so pictures from this family outing.....SORRY!!!
3 comments:
Sounds lovely! Glad you got out of Jury duty soon.. and were able to go to Lagoon. I hate when I forget my camera.. makes me so mad. I do it way to often.
Glad you got out of jury duty too. Congrats on the new camera!
I missed not going to the NuSkin Summer Party. It sounds like you had fun. I'm so glad you got out of jury duty.
Post a Comment