After dinner we went and checked in at a cute little B&B called "The Castle Creek Inn". If you ever are wanting a fun little getaway and don't want to go very far this is a great place to go to. Even though it is in the busy city, it is kinda off the way and is surrounded by lots of trees and you actually feel like you are not in the city. It also looks like a castle and all the rooms have a theme. I chose for us to stay in the Edinburgh Room because of Jared's Scottish background. It was quite cute and we even had an extra guest....
the room was great....big comfy squishy bed, big jetted tub, big TV, yummy snacks, all you want drinks, movies galore, games...need I say more? They also served a breakfast in the morning which we missed because we were actually able to sleep in having no kids there to wake us up at the crack of dawn.
After checking out we decided to take the scenic route home and went to Park City. The drive was so beautiful, the leaves are starting to change. In Park City we went and had lunch at this great little Mexican restaurant "Loco Lizard". It was so good!! Afterwards we headed over to the outlet stores and spent a little money getting some clothes for all of us!
It was a nice little getaway for us.....it was about time and
HaPPy BIrThDay to us!!
HaPPy BIrThDay to us!!
6 comments:
can't wait for my next one of these. it was been awhile for us also. Glad you had a good time. It's always good to spend some time remembering why you started it all in the first place right?
Glad you got to go. Nothing is more needed I think!!
liz
Oh YEAH for you guys! I love getting away! It sounds like you guys had a blast. SO glad!! It is always needed to "run away" for a while..:)
How fun for you guys! It sounds like a great weekend!
I NEED to go to the cheescake factory. Those avocado egg rolls sound so good. And the place you stayed also sounds like fun. I'm thinking Zach and I need to plan a trip. Also, Happy Birthday!
What a neat little B&B you found! Glad you had a great time. I think El and I are due a little vacation as well!
Post a Comment