Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Family Trip To The Mountians

Yesterday we went with our friends the Peacock's up Mapleton Canyon (I think) and had a cook out. Jenni and myself have been wanting to do this for a couple months now and finally we were able to go up yesterday. It was such a beautiful day, the weather was so nice. I was a little skeptical about taking Maggie but she survived as did the rest of us. Ian had a blast running around with Lizzie, digging in the dirt, finding rocks, and making little houses out of sticks and bark. We cooked hot dogs over an open fire and then made YUMMY S'mores. The worst part of everything was Maggie.....she is not afraid of the fire or dirt, or rocks, or anything for that matter. There were so many times when she would walk right by the fire and wouldn't even care. She just wandered around, dug in the dirt and tried to eat lots of rocks. We did have to strap her in the stroller twice just to give us a break from chasing her around everywhere and fishing out rocks from her mouth. We had fun and hopefully next year we will actually go camping and maybe Maggie will be a little but better.

Lizzie & Ian just chillin'

Started out clean

Then got a little dirty

and before we knew it she looked like this....yummy rocks!!!

Here Jared was keeping the fire going and look how close Mags is....she didn't
even care if it was hot or if the smoke was in her face

Here is me and Mags just as dirty as she could possibly get!!
(click on the picture so you can get a closer look at how dirty her face really was)

and here is Zack & Lizzie up in a tree

Thanks to the Peacocks for taking us ..... we had fun and hope to go again next year!!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

We had so much fun with you guys. I still laugh when I think of how dirty Maggie got. She's such an independent girl.
PS I stole some of your pictures for my blog.

S Tippetts said...

Oh how fun!!! It reminded me of when I was a little girl. Our family used to go up to the mountains and have picnic lunches. I have fond memories of those times. Also Maggie reminded me of the time we took you kids up to Table Mountain camping and Josh and Catherine got so dirty!!!
Glad you had a good time.

Alli said...

looks like alot of fun! Man, I sure haven't done anything lately.. ugh, I have NOTHING to blog about it is driving me crazy.. hahahaha

Shawndel96 said...

I love the dirt! Mmm dirt. Maggie is silly!

Alli said...

HECK NO I am not a star Trek Fan! I really HATE THEM. We got all this stuff from our old Neighbor and told us that they were worth alot of money well... NO buddy wants them or wants to buy them.. I am sick of them sitting here and both Mike and I HATE Star Trek.. SO.. NO just want them gone.. :) I think our old neighbor just wanted to get rid of them.. SO nice of him..