See not even a little sun will keep him from digging in the dirt. Oh and it was like 100 degrees out....he's crazy!!!!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
The Insect Inspector
Lately Ian had been obsessed with bugs and insects. He is always going out into the backyard and digging in the dirt to try to find some "bugs" to show me. He wants to know all about them...their names, what they eat, where they live. The other day I was rummaging through the dollar bins at Target (I love that store) and I found these insect flash cards....BINGO...I knew he would just love these so I threw them in my cart to purchase them. Not only are they pictures of insects but on the back they tell all this info about each insect. Ian thinks it is the greatest thing ever. I made them into a little flip chart thing so we wouldn't lose any of the cards. He loves it so much he even has to sleep with it. So now not only does he like to go out and look for bugs but he takes his book so he could find the bugs that are in it. I sure hope he doesn't find a Black Widow or a Stink Bug...YUCK!!
Using his Bob the Builder vehicles to help him dig for bugs
Ian insisted on wearing this hat that is way too small for him. He actually came in and asked for an umbrella because the sun was making him too hot. I told him that we didn't have an umbrella so he went upstairs and came back with this hat and said "This will do to keep the sun off me." I just laughed and said OK. The hat is from when he was 1...he still thinks it fits.
See not even a little sun will keep him from digging in the dirt. Oh and it was like 100 degrees out....he's crazy!!!!
See not even a little sun will keep him from digging in the dirt. Oh and it was like 100 degrees out....he's crazy!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi Heather, wow my girls would never play in the dirt, I wish they would stop being so wimpy.
Cute new blog colors, I like it.
I glad that he has such an inquisitive mind. And by the way he looks so cute in his hat even if it is too small.
Awesome find! Boys are so much fun!!! Where are you guys living?
That is too funny. Ian is such a smart kid.
Maybe it is the hat, but he look so grwon up here!
Post a Comment