Now on to the blanket part. A little over a year ago my friend Jenny got me hooked on quilting. I have loved it. I am no where near as good as she is but I have improved over the last year and a half and hopefully will just keep getting better. The first thing I attempted to make was a blanket for Sassafrass and I enjoyed making that so much that I made matching ones for my nieces Kaylee and Lyla (they are my sister's girls and all three were born within four months). I also made Maggie's bedding for her crib and then several other blankets for friends and family who had babies. I now had pieced together a blanket for Ian. It had Thomas in it as well as matching bright yellow, reds, blues, and greens (as you can see in the picture below).
I have been wanting to learn how to do that squiggling stitching but have always been afraid to try it. This weekend I finally decided to give it a try. It isn't as hard as you would think but I have broken soooo many needles trying to learn how to do it. I am starting to sew the top of Ian's Thomas blanket that way. I will post pictures of it when I am all done!!! Wish me luck...that I won't break too many needles!!!!
5 comments:
You are awesome!!! It really looks amazing! Sadie is totally into that too and she is really quite good at it!
Oh my goodness.. I love it! You are so talented. I want you to know that the strawberry shortcake blanket that you made kiersten is her FAVORITE! It now has a few holes in it but she wont give it up! You are SO GOOD!! I want to learn to do it but, so don't have the patients.. WAY TO GO!!
The blanket is so cute. Your the want that got me into quilting. I want to know more about the sqiggly stitch. I can't wait to see the blanket in person.
I think you are awesome!
I am trying to teach myself how to quilt so I may need to turn to you for pointers! Rhys would be in love with Ian's quilt - if only I'd show him! I just know he would beg and beg for it. It's super cute. Great Job!
Post a Comment