Yesterday I noticed Maggie had a few small red dots on her neck and arms. I was a little concerned but not too concerned and just thought that maybe she had a little heat rash and it would go away. That was so not the case. Around bedtime I took her clothes off to put her in her jammies, low and behold her whole body was covered with huge red welt looking things. I was a little concerned so I referred to my sister Hollie and mom to reassure me that Maggie wasn't going to die overnight.
This morning when she woke up at 3:30am to eat I noticed the big red splotches were still there. She wasn't acting like she was in pain or that they itched and went back to sleep 2 HOURS LATER. By 9am the big red splotches were starting to look worse so I called the doctors office and talked with a nurse and she suggested to come in and see the doc. I had a dentist appointment at 10am so Maggie's appointment was made for in the afternoon.
We went on with our day. I went to dentist (I ended up having 2 cavities) and Ian went to play with Eliza and Isabelle (thanks Kim). When we came home I put Maggie down for a nap. She ended up sleeping for only a little over an hour. I went into get her and noticed that her poor little hands and feet were very swollen. I immediately called the doctor to see if we could come in earlier, by this point I was freaking out and just thinking about the worst thing the doctor could say it was. The image of the that girl from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory who turned blue and blew up into a big ball kept coming to mind. I just didn't want Maggie to swell up like that.
We made it to the doctor and come to find out Maggie was just having an allergic reaction to the Amoxicillin she was taking for her ear infection she got a week ago. So Maggie can no longer have any sort of Penicillin or else she might look like this again and it just looks like she is in so much pain. I wanted to start crying every time I looked at her.
We got her on some medicine to help take care of the rash. Her ear infection is gone, so no more medicine for that. She is doing much better and sleeping away right now.
4 comments:
Yikes! Poor baby!
Oh my. I can understand your freaking out. That would scare any mother. Glad you got it taken care of. And thanks for letting me watch Ian for you. He was very well-behaved and the girls thought it was a treat to have someone over who thought all of their dumb, old toys were COOL.
That is so sad! I'm glad Maggie is ok. Looks like she wasn't so upset about it. Just a freak-Mom-out allergic reaction.
Okay, that is so much worse then what Lizzie had. I would have been freakin out too. The poor thing.
Post a Comment