Maggie's breathing has gotten worse so this morning I decided that she needed the doctor to look at her again. I am so glad I went because he listen to her chest and said "I hate to tell you but it defiantly sounds like RSV." That was my worst fear. I was so scared of my kids getting RSV. Dr. Wynn said that there has been a huge outbreak here within the last week. He had been at the hospital earlier and there were 20 kids in the pediatric wing and 15 of them were there because of RSV. He did reassure me that Maggie wasn't any where near the point of being hospitalized (Thank Goodness). He just suggested to keep doing what were doing, breathing treatments 3 to 4 times a day, have a humidifier in her room running while she was sleeping, and to keep suctioning out her nose. He did say that she was contagious and her keep her away from other small infants and toddlers.
After the doctor visit we came home and I tried to feed Ian lunch but he wouldn't eat anything. He told me that he was cold so I told him to go get his blanket. He scurried off upstairs. I just thought he would have gone and got his blanket and come right back down but he didn't. After about 15 minutes I noticed that he was being very quiet upstairs so I went to check up on him. He was curled up in a ball on his bed asleep. If any of you know Ian it is very unusual for him to take a nap. I thought, oh no I hope he feels OK. When he woke up 2 hours later he told me his tummy hurt. I took his temperature and sure enough it was at 101. I quickly went to the medicine box and pulled out the Children's Motrin.
It sounds like everyone is getting sick. It is going around so be careful if you haven't gotten it yet. Hopefully we can get through this soon and get on with our lives. I might go crazy being in the house all day for days.
4 comments:
Oh my heavens! What a nightmare, I'm so glad that you caught Maggie's RSV early. And poor Ian. I hope you don't catch the bug because that would be terrible to have both kids and yourself sick. We should call each other sometime since we are both stuck inside.
Oh too late....I have a sinus infection which has been miserable because I am trying no to take anything because I am still breastfeeding.h
Heather, that's awful! I am so sorry! If you need any errands run since you can't get out of the house, let me know. I'd be happy to.
I'll second your sinus infection here! Man, it's not fun. What are your symptoms? Let's compare notes...
Hope things start going your way soon!
Post a Comment