Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mommy Has No Friends

According to Ian I have no friends. Just about everyday he asks where his friends are. So this morning I thought it would be funny and ask him the same question. This is how our conversation went.....

I said "Ian where are all MY friends?"

He looked at me little confused and didn't say anything. Then Jared piped in and said "Who are daddy's friends?"

Ian can sit and rattle of all of their names...Jeremy, Joe, Tristan, Scott, Zach......

I again asked him "Ian, where my friends, who are they?"

He looked up at me, LAUGHED, and said "You don't have any friends mommy."

I asked him a little later the same question and once again he laughed and said "Mommy you DON'T have any friends."

Ian thinks I have no friends so if anyone wants to be my friend let me know!!!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I'll be your friend. I thought we already were...perhaps we should make it official for Ian's sake.

Of course, I don't know that we can trust his judgment. He said my house was dusty. We all know it's not (oh, wait, yes it is!).

Anyway, my little brother once told her that he knew why her brain didn't work. Because it was on a red light.

So, if it makes you feel any better, at least Ian thinks your brain works :)

buchananclan said...

Nancy - I know I have friends. I just think it is funny or rather sad that my son thinks I don't have any. Jared says I should have my friends over more often or go and do more things with my friends. What he doesn't understand is that it's easier said than done.

Jared Buchanan said...

It took slightly more encouragement than that to get him to name any of them :) But he didn't hesitate with the comment about Mommy's friends. Time for a scrap booking party at the Buchanan's house.

Nancy said...

"Anyway, my little brother once told her that he knew why her brain didn't work. Because it was on a red light."

Her is my mom, just for clarification :)

And I know we're friends :)

kimberlee said...

Maybe everytime we come over, we should introduce ourselves to Ian as your friend. "Hi, I'm so and so and I'm your mommy's FRIEND." That just might help him make the connection. Perhaps he just thinks we're random people that like to come sit in your living room.

Heather said...

I finaly got a chance to check your blog.
How cute!
I will be your friend.