We've wanted a pet for awhile, well me and the kids have wanted a pet. Jared kept saying no and we kept asking. I would even make the kids tell Jared that they really really REALLY wanted one and to bat their eyes and use a pouty face. Finally after weeks and months of asking Jared caved and we welcomed this cute cat to our family.
After only being with us for a little bit he decided to go on an adventure when I let him out to go potty and was gone for a day and a half. We thought for sure that we were NEVER EVER going to see him again. I mean after all he had only been with us for a short amount of time and probably couldn't find his way back home. The night he took off Jared and I each went out searching in the dark looking and calling for him. The next morning the girls and I went out looking around the neighborhood and asking everyone we saw if they had seen an orange cat and still didn't have any luck. We just knew he was a goner. The kids were devastated.I was devastated and mad at myself for lettin him out. Mr. Smarty-Pants even cried a few tears over it. The girls were really upset. We decided to just get a new kitty from one of Jared's co-workers. Monday night (when Felix ahd been gone for about 24 hours) we decided that Tuesday after Jared got home from work we would go pick one out. Tuesday morning I got up early to head to the gym. I opened the back door blinds and was hoping that Felix was there but sadly he wasn't. I got home from the gym and was making pancakes when Jared came downstairs. He walked over to the sliding glass door and looked but no Felix then either. He turned away and was talking to me and turned back around....low and behold there was Felix. We were shocked and very happy. He opened the door and the cat came running in. Guess Felix really did know where his home was.
We haven't let him out since. I am afraid he will run away again. We need to get him use to being outside because we want him to be able to go potty outside but to come back. He has the best temperament. He hasn't bitten or scratched anyone. He lets the kids maul him. He even let the vet snuggle with him. The only downside so far....he whines and cries at night. Last night he even gnawed at some bananas and our bread on the counter.
We all have loved having Felix with us and hope he stays for a ling time.
No comments:
Post a Comment