Monday, May 28, 2012

Update: Sassafrass

Sassafrass finished school this past week
She was sad...she will miss her teachers Miss Rebecca and Miss Stacey
She LOVED school this year
and I LOVED it too

I was so glad that I randomly came across Patchwork Preschool while scouring the Internet for preschools. Last school year we participated in Joy School which I absolutely hated. It was ok when I got to send her to someone else's house but when it was at our house I dreaded every minute of it. I also was not too fond of the curriculum that was used. So needless to say this past year was wonderful. Her teachers were wonderful and they loved having Sassafrass in their class. At least that's what they told me. I asked if that's what they tell everyone and the reassured me that they did not.
Here is Sassafrass with the wonderful Miss Rebecca

on anther note Sassafrass has the worst luck with her skin.
Her skin is translucent. She is the whitest person I know.
She burns like no other and she has pretty bad eczema
and now on top of that she got impetigo last week.


 Looks pretty nasty....huh?
This nasty bacterial skin infection first started out as just a
 little sore on her chin and within a few days it grew and grew.

We thought it was maybe just cold sores but after 2 days of it looking like this and looking like it was getting any better we took a trip to the doctor and found out exactly what was going on.

The poor thing....she just can't catch a break with her skin.
A few days after her diagnosis she got an awful sunburn on her back and head.

Hopefully her skin won't be horrible forever....we can only hope.

Sassafrass as also started taking dance class through our local Rec Center.
She LOVES it.
 She looks forward to it every week and on days she doesn't have it she gets sad.

I am looking forward to watching her rectial next month.

1 comment:

Rock Solid said...

YUCK! What are you doing to your poor girl?