Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Big Milestone: 10 Years

I really need to get back into the habit of taking pictures.

With that said I have NO pictures to document this weekend and it was a big milestone for us because on Friday Jared and I hit the 10 year mark in our marriage.

We had a lovely weekend.

I had to work on our actual anniversary and on Saturday morning but when I got off work Jared and I packed a few things and headed up to Salt Lake City for overnight.

We first started our kid-free night (thanks to Jared's sister Jen and her daughter Ashlin) at a wonderful little Mexican restaurant called the Red Iguana. I LOVE Mexican food and this restaurant did not disappoint. It was actually featured one time on the show Diners, Drive-in, & Dives on the Food Network Channel. It did not disappoint. Jared and I enjoyed every bite and ended up eating too much.

After dinner we headed over to The Grand America Hotel in Downtown Salt Lake to stay the night. We had a nice time hanging out, watching movies, and eating some yummy gelato. The next morning we got the privilege of heading downstairs to the hotel's famous Sunday Brunch Buffet. It was really yummy. This meal did not disappoint either. Between an omelette station, crepe station, crab legs, beef wellington, fresh fruit, rack of lamb, salads, & yummy breads I am still full and it's 7 hours later.

On our way home we hit Ikea and bought somethings we needed. I love that store and it was an even nicer trip since we didn't have the kids with us.

I can't believe we have been 10 years. The time has gone by too fast. Before I know it we will be celebrating 20 years of marriage.

1 comment:

Rach said...

Happy Anniversary!
That's fun that you got to get away for a night! Ikea shopping without kids? Ahhhhh heaven.