Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring School Pictures

Every Monday I receive an email from Mr. Smarty-Pants school. It usually entails upcoming events and just what's going on at the school. Recently in one of these emails they announced that "Spring School Pictures" were going to be taking place soon. I thought it was weird that they were offering "Spring School Pictures" when they just took pictures in the fall. I have never known a school to take pictures twice a year but whatever. The school was letting parents know that if they wanted their child to wear something other than their school uniform it would be allowed. The child would get the opportunity to change clothes right before they got their picture taken and then would have to change back into their school uniform after the pictures were taken. I didn't really think anything of this because I was not planning on purchasing any of the pictures that were to be taken because I purchased pictures that were taken in the fall. I thought "Hey just take his picture, what's the big deal? I'm not going to get them anyway." I didn't even really know what day this was going to take anyways.

Fast forward to yesterday

Mr. Smarty-Pants came home from school and dropped his backpack off by me. I opened it up, took out his homework folder and found an order form from the school photographer with 2 proofs of the pictures they took of Ian.

Here it is...




I laughed so hard.
Mr. Smarty-Pants then came back into the room and here was our conversation.....

Me: What's that on your hand?
Mr. Smarty-Pants: One of my gloves.
Me: Why do you have it on?
Mr. Smarty-Pants: They said we could wear whatever we wanted.

I'm prettry sure that's not what they meant!!!

All I have to say is:
1. What on earth was going through his mind that made him think "hmmmmm I'm going to wear one, not both, but just one of my glow in the dark skeleton gloves! That would be so cool!"

and
2. What kind of photographer would let this happen or think it was ok to let a 6 year old wear just one (not two) glow in the dark skeleton glove. They must think he has crazy parents to allow such an outfit.

I wasn't planning on purchasing any of these pictures but know I think I might, just to have to laugh at in the future and to remind us about what a crazy funny boy we have!!!

4 comments:

Rach said...

We (Mike and I) laughed SO hard! That is really funny. You definitely have to get a copy of that..

S Tippetts said...

For sure buy at least one picture so you can torture him in the future!

Happy Harrison said...

laughed out loud at work...AWESOME post! Nice choice Mr. Smarty Pants!

Alli said...

HA Ha i am still laughing it's classic!!