Sassafrass has had a runny nose for about a year now. I'm not kidding it's been since last October. At first we thought it was a cold. Then when it didn't go away we just thought it was another cold. Then allergies hit and we thought that was the reason why her nose was runny. Before we knew it Sassafrass was turning 4 and she still had a constant runny nose....so frustrating. I had tried just about every over the counter allergy medicine there was and none of them seemed to help.
With her 4 year check up I decided that this runny nose just has to stop. I addressed her doctor about the situation. He suggested a few things to do but I had already tried EVERYTHING so he decided that it must be something more....maybe some kind of food allergy, possibly dairy. I had suspected this and was hoping that wasn't it because the girl lives on cheese and I would hate to deny her of her most faveotre food.
Anyways he sent us to an Allergy Specialist. Luckily were able to get in the next week. They did one of those poky on the back tests. Sassafrass screamed bloody murder but with me holding her down they were able to poke her with what they needed. As we were sitting there waiting for the test to be over I just knew that she was going to end up not being allergic to anything. Low and behold I was right. They tested for different foods, weeds, grass, dust, dogs & cats and NOTHING.....NOT A SINGLE ALLERGY.
All I could think was WHAT? REALLY? There has to be a problem cause the girl has had a runny nose for about a year and there has to be something she is allergic to to make it run all the time. Guess it turns out that she just has a "leaky faucet", as the doctor put it and there's nothing to fix the problem. He said that there are just people whose noses just run and she was one of them. Guess we should buy stock in Kleenex. She goes through a lot of Kleenex.
So if you see Sassafrass and she has a runny nose please don't think that she has a cold and that she's contagious cause she's not....she just has a leaky faucet!!!
Maybe I should make her some kind of bracelet that I can attach tissues to so she always has one available....hahaha
3 comments:
That is crazy! Who knew you could just be a leaky faucet.
better to have a leaky faucet than sweaty hands a feet like Keira and another we both know!
That is sooooooooooo mean Auntie Cake! I am highly offended.
Post a Comment