ahhhh.... The 4th of July....I have always loved this holiday.
To me the 4th is about swimming, bbq's, homemade ice cream, and fireworks.
That's what my family always did when I was growing up. We didn't have a pool of our own but it seemed that every other person we knew had one. We would go over to someone's house swim for what seemed liked hours and hours and hours. During all the swimming we would much on yummy hamburgers and hot dogs and then finish the night off with homemade ice cream and fireworks.
I want my kids to look forward to the 4th of July like I always did so I am trying to amke it special each year for them. This year we started out the morning with some red & blue pancakes. Lil' Miss M thought they were cool but Mr. Smarty Pants scrunched his face up and said "NO THANK YOU" until I told him that they taste exactly the same as regular ones.
To me the 4th is about swimming, bbq's, homemade ice cream, and fireworks.
That's what my family always did when I was growing up. We didn't have a pool of our own but it seemed that every other person we knew had one. We would go over to someone's house swim for what seemed liked hours and hours and hours. During all the swimming we would much on yummy hamburgers and hot dogs and then finish the night off with homemade ice cream and fireworks.
I want my kids to look forward to the 4th of July like I always did so I am trying to amke it special each year for them. This year we started out the morning with some red & blue pancakes. Lil' Miss M thought they were cool but Mr. Smarty Pants scrunched his face up and said "NO THANK YOU" until I told him that they taste exactly the same as regular ones.
The comic had to be read too.
Lil Miss M was trying so hard to figure out what was going on with Garfield
Lil Miss M was trying so hard to figure out what was going on with Garfield
Mr. Smarty Pants read and explained it to her
In the afternoon we headed on down to the Freedom Festival to visit with Jared's family that was working at their booths selling THESE yummy drinks
The kids really really really wanted to ride some of those carnival rides but at the rate those go we would have flat broke so instead we talked them into going to Mickey D's for lunch and some play time. Lucky for us they thought that was great.
Later that day I headed on back down to the festival to work selling drinks while Jared stayed home and had fun doing some sparklers with the kids.
The kids really really really wanted to ride some of those carnival rides but at the rate those go we would have flat broke so instead we talked them into going to Mickey D's for lunch and some play time. Lucky for us they thought that was great.
Later that day I headed on back down to the festival to work selling drinks while Jared stayed home and had fun doing some sparklers with the kids.

2 comments:
Yeah, dad remembered to take photos.
You go Jared! Thanks for remembering to take the pic's I thought they were great.
Post a Comment