Sweet C has not been a good sleeper for the past month or so. I get so frustrated when I hear her calling me at 1:00am, or 2:30am or 4:00am, or sometimes even 5:00am. Last night it was 12:30am. Jared tried going in her room to soothe her but she was not having it, she wanted mommy. I tried to let her cry it out in hopes that she would just fall back asleep. I was just TOO tired to deal with her. I wanted MY sleep. After letting her whine and cry for about 15 minutes I broke down. I got out of bed and angrily walked down stairs, made a little bottle, then angrily walked back upstairs thinking to myself "WHY oh WHY can't she just sleep through the night?...this isn't fair!!!!". As I walked into her room and saw her laying up in the corner of her crib looking up at me I then realized how grateful I am to have her. To have a sweet, cute, happy, healthy baby. I scooped her up, laid her down on the floor to change her diaper, then cradled her in my arms and fed her a bottle.
As we sat there in her dark room listening to her "music" (a CD that is of a blow dryer) I just looked at her and cried. She is growing too fast and these moments aren't going to last much longer. Moments of her WANTING me, cradling her, and rocking her. Before I know it she will not be wanting me to snuggle, hold and kiss her like her siblings . So at 12:30 in the morning I sat there with my baby in my arms, cradling her, rocking her, kissing her and thinking about how much I love her and how these moments in the middle of the night are the best. Even though I am extremely tired I really do cherish these moments we get. Moments of just the two of us. No brother or sister trying to shove their faces in ours. No me yelling at the others to be quiet or to get away. Moments of a mother and daughter together......
So last night I stayed a few extra minutes after she finished her bottle and just held my sleeping baby and thanked Heavenly Father for her and for these moments we have to cherish.
5 comments:
aww heather, that is so cute!! I love it! I felt that way with Hailey... it may have been the longest 10 months of my life, but I sure loved snuggling with her and being with JUST her.. Just love her, cause they do grow up WAY to fast!!
Beautiful Heather. And a good reminder for me.
I want you to know that I LOVE LOVE LOVED This post so much that I spent the rest of the evening holding on to my little ones tight!!! THanks for the reminder that time flies too fast.
Oh my gosh this was the sweetest blog ever! How are you doing? Its been way to long.!! Totally my faullt. I would love to try to get together soon, if you want. Maybe lunch or something? You can come to my house if you would like. We have a trampoline ect for the kids. Maybe invite Allison. I dunno. Let me know or when would be good. My kids get out on the 3rd, we can do it next week or after they get out. Hope we an get together. Maybe even meet for a girls night out dinner?? That would be the most awsome!
Loved this post.
I find myself feeling this way so much more often with Champ than I did with Sunshine. I think it's just because with Sunshine she was the only one. No other siblings trying to get their time in too.
It's so good to have moments like this!
Post a Comment