Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Girls Night Out


When a friend from my ward announced that she was going to be in a production of "Annie" I knew I had to go and see it. I love plays and musicals. I thought that maybe Lil Miss M would like it too so we invited our good friends Jenni and Lizzie for a "Girls Night Out". We first went to dinner and then headed over to the Scera (a local theater) to watch "Annie".

I wasn't sure how Lil Miss M would take to watching a play but she did pretty good up until probably the last 20 minutes. At that point she had had it (it was WAY past her bedtime) but I made her stay until the very end. She loved it. She really liked watching the orphans sing and dance. Her eyes were glued to those girls. She even pulled out some of her own dance moves during intermission. She really liked to clap after each musical number and loved when Sandy (the dog) came out. Now it's 4 days later and she's still singing...."Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow, you're only a day away".

I am hoping that my daughter has the same love for plays and musicals as I do.
It was a fun night!!!

our friends Lizzie and Jenni

3 comments:

kimberlee said...

How fun! Sounds like a perfect girls' night out!

S Tippetts said...

How fun was that! I love the theatre too.

Unknown said...

awww... I have the movie, but I don't think I got it until after you left here. I'll have to think of someway to get it to you, I think it's too big to email. Just think, then you could watch it ALL THE TIME!!! hehe