Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A New Way of Life

If anyone knows me they know that I love my TV shows. I live for watching them. They make me happy. I love living in the TV world!!!

A few weeks ago we down graded our cable and got rid of our DVR. This was something that we thought on and off about for a while and decided to just do it.

I thought it was going to be one of the hardest things for me to do. How could I get rid of all those glorious channels with all the shows I like to watch? And to think that if I wanted to watch to TV I would have to watch it when it was actually on....no skipping commercials?

How would my kids stayed entertained? We were getting rid of all the channels that had cartoons playing all day long.

Well I must admit it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.

Our kids don't miss those extra channels....in fact the first they ask to do in the mornings is not to watch a show it's to have their curtains opened so they can play!!!

Since the only channel that we now get that has cartoons on it is PBS they don't care to watch TV much. Which is very nice. We are getting more use out of kid DVD's.

Thanks to Netflix (a movie coming every few days and having movies/shows streamed through the Wii and xbox) I haven't gone too crazy yet not having anything to watch at night after teh kids go to bed. Thanks to technology these days if there is something I REALLY want to watch or a show I feel that I just can't live without I just wait until the next day or two and then find it on the internet.

I thought I might regret this decision but so far it has been good. I find myself not watching TV much which I think is a good thing, and our pocket book will be happier with having the extra money in it that we are saving each month.

So here's to a new way of life of not having a DVR and LESS CABLE!!!!!

2 comments:

About the Cheeks said...

we will see how you do once all the shows are back on... I could NOT survive!!! Good Luck!

Mandinkus said...

We are moving and about to lose our cable too, mostly I'm going to miss watching Burn Notice!