Thursday, April 22, 2010

Skipping Through the Tulips

The other day a friend of mine called up and asked if the kids and I wanted to go with her to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I of course said "YES". I had thought that our season passed had already expired but when I pulled it out of my wallet to check I realized the day we were going was the day that it expired. Lucky for us!!!

The day was beautiful. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the flowers were in full bloom. The kids loved being able to run around. Poor Maggie though....she got sunburned. What kind of mom am I to not put sunblock on my pastey white translucent child? I got a little red too but Ian was the lucky one and didn't get red at all.

A rare kind of flower..."The Ian Tulip"

Here the kids are taking in the view of the amazing man made waterfalls

I think the kids favorite part of the trip was playing in the fountains

No comments: