Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gall Bladder....What?

So back in October when I went to visit my family I got very sick. I was having the WORST pains ever at the top of my stomach. The pain was so bad that I almost went to the hospital but I really didn't want to go because I didn't want to pay for an out of state ER visit since I just took both of my kids to see doctors out of state because they had ear infections. I decided to just suffer through the pain and prayed that I wouldn't die. Eventually after a few hours the pain went away.

So from then on for the next 2-3 weeks the pain would come back on a daily basis and last anywhere from 4 to 8 hours. I had many sleepless nights and not to mention I was feeling nauseous constantly. After taking 3 pregnancy tests (all resulting NEGATIVE) I decided that that was not causing the nausea and that there was something terribly wrong so I decided to go see a doctor.

The day I went to the doctor I also almost ended up in the ER. The pain was getting too unbearable. I was going into the 6th hour of having the pain. I called Jared but by the time he got home the pain started to go away so I decided to try to save money and just go to the doctor appointment I had that afternoon.

Well anyways after having a CT Scan and Ultrasound done it was concluded that my gall bladder is "abnormal", as the doctor put it. He is now sending my to surgeon to see about having it taken out. I go to the surgeon on Monday and hopefully we will get this taken care because I don't want to have to any more attacks come on....they are VERY PAINFUL!!!! Come to think of it I believe I have been having gall bladder problems since I was I pregnant with Ian. I have had random attacks of pain but never knew what they were and they always went away so I never thought anything about it. Thinking back now my first attack was when I was about 8 months pregnant with Ian and the doctor just assumed that the pain was probably from Ian bruising my ribs but knowing what a gall bladder attack feels like I am pretty sure that was what I was experiencing way back in 2005.

I am just glad that there really is a problem and it can taken care of and that is not just all in my head!!!

4 comments:

Bonnie Parks said...

Wow, Heather! Amanda mentioned this last night at our meeting. So sad you've been hurting so much! And I'm glad there really is something wrong too - so that it can get fixed. I know what you mean about wanting it to not be in your head. Anytime I hurt when I'm pregnant I just chalk it up to that, but doesn't work when I'm not pregnant. So when's the surgery (if you know yet), and what can all of us do to help? Please let me help anyway you need. Even before the surgery, if you're hurting and not wanting to have kids around, Amy would LOVE to play, and we can pick up Ian or whatever you need. Good luck!

Nancy said...

Not fun! ///i hope things go well!

Happy Harrison said...

Ouch! That sucks. I hope you can get everything taken care of ASAP!

Jenni said...

Crazy that you have been having them for so long. I'm glad that they figured out what was wrong and are now going to take care of the problem. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.