Sunday, June 28, 2009

50 Books = Family Fun Day

Ian has been done with his first year of pre-school since the end of April and we didn't want him to "loose" anything he had learned so I decided that he needed to keep up with his reading. READING? you may say, but he is only 4....yes that's right reading. You see this kid is AMAZING if I do say so myself....last summer he taught himself how to read. So for this summer I told him that if he read 50 books he could go to his favorite Bouncy House place, "KaNgArOo ZoO". So last Friday we sat down together and read the last 2 books he needed to complete this task. It has taken him about 2 months but he did it. Most of the books he read all by himself and other ones we read together. I am so proud of him for doing this and that he is only 4 years old is just amazing to me.

Ian woke up yesterday morning excited to have "Family Fun Day" (that's what he called it). We went to Kangaroo Zoo and then headed to Burger King for lunch (also Ian's idea....he wanted a Transformer toy). Ian said he had lots of fun and that we need to do another Family Fun Day so I told him that if he reads some more books then he could earn a Family Fun Day for us at Chuck E. Cheese.

Here are some picture from our day......





7 comments:

Happy Harrison said...

Way to go Ian!

That looks like tons of fun. I can't wait until Sunshine is old enough to really appriciate things like this.

Alli said...

you guys have so much fun! I love it! I really need to get a life!

Rach said...

LOVE that last pic of Maggie....what a doll she is. (And cute hair by the way on her...)

Nancy said...

Ian's so smart! And what a fun family fun day!

S Tippetts said...

What a good idea to keep him reading and enjoying it too! The kids look so grown up! I'm glad you had a good day.

Me said...

Jealous! What a great kid!

BriAnne said...

I'm so impressed, that's awesome, what a cool mom you are!