Ian has always been a good kid. We have never really had to worry about leaving him in a room alone, he never got into anything he shouldn't. He never drew on anything he shouldn't have, never played in the toilet.....he has just been a really good kid. Well this past week he has made up for some lost time I guess. I have caught him being naughty and when I asked him why he did it his response always was...."She wanted me to do it". The "SHE" in this statement is Maggie. Here are three incidents that have happened.....
#1 I was upstairs putting clothes away when I hear Maggie whining. I go downstairs to find that Ian has gotten into my thread and has tied Maggie up. There was thread wrapped around Maggie quite a few times as well as wrapped around door knobs. After getting Maggie untied I asked Ian why he tied her up and his was response was "She wanted me to do it".....Yeah Right!!!!
#2 My brother Josh was over helping me fix our sliding glass door, the kids were outside playing all of a sudden Josh says "Hey, is the water on?". I ran to the side of the house to see Ian standing there with the hose on and putting it on Maggie's head (she was drenched). I turned the water off and asked why he did that and his response was "She wanted me to do it"......Yeah Right, who wants a shower with freezing hose water?
#3 When I want to shower in the mornings after Jared has left for work already I get the kids situated and turn a show on for them. This usually keeps them occupied for the 15 minutes I need to get ready for the day. The other morning after I showered and got dressed I headed downstairs to make sure the kids were OK and I found that Ian had decided to take half a box of tissues, rip it all up into tiny pieces and scattered it all over the floor. In my anger I asked him why he did that and his response was "Maggie wanted me to do it, it made her laugh."
Seriously does a 21 month old really want her brother to do these things? I don't think so!!! She can barely talk let alone ask him to do all those crazy thing!!
3 comments:
He is just trying to keep his sister happy. I am sure that she requested those things. Boys will be boys.
Maybe not the hose, but I can totally believe the kleenex story...the string story is a toss up. :) Little sisters are a great influence!
ha ha you have to admit, that's pretty good that a boy his age would come up with an answer that "she wanted him to do it!" kids. these are the times I wonder.. "why do we have them again..?? " oh wait.. Because they are SO FUNNY!!!
Post a Comment