Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Cruise


Our Cruise was WONDERFUL!!!! Cruises are the best things ever. You really feel like you are vacation (if you don't have your kids with you). You get to sleep with no inturpptions from your kids, eat anytime you want and as much as you want (calories don't count when you are vacation right?), you don't have to cook or wash the dishes, your bed gets made for you everyday, your bathroom gets clean everyday, you get fresh new towels everyday, and you even get a little mint on your pillow every night before you go to bed.....What more could you ask for?

Like I said before we had a wonderful time. It was so relaxing and fun!!! We has four stops, Roaton Honduras, Belize, Cozumel Mexico, and an island in the Great Stirrup Cay. We decided to go and do something fun at every stop. In Roaton we decided to try Snuba. You may ask what Snuba is....well it is kind of like scuba diving but a little different. You have the scuba mask stuff with a hose for the oxygen which is about 30 ft. long and attached to a tank of oxygen up on a raft and the top of the ocean, the raft just floats along with you. Jared & I ended up loving this. I had a hard time at first realizing that it was OK for me to breath under water. It took me about 5 or 6 times to finally get it. Our guide was so nice and worked with me so I could actually have this great experience. I will admit that even though I finally got to breathing underwater I was still a little scared and would not let the guide let go of my hand. I made him hold my hand the whole time. It was so cool once we under the water. There were so many cool fish and coral. We even swam by 3 sting rays and I ended up swimming right smack dab in the middle of some stringy thingy with little balls on it that totally stung my leg and arm....it hurt really bad. I ended up having red little dots on my arm until the next day.

Here we are in the ocean


Next we stopped in Belize. Here in Belize we went cave tubing and zip lining. That was a blast. Our tour guides were hilarious and made the experience way better. When we got to the site we got our tubes, head lights, and life jackets (which smelled horrible) and headed on a little hike to the cave. We had 8 people in our group and we all hooked together in a train line and headed down the river with our guide. It was so relaxing in the cave, I just closed my eyes and enjoyed floating down the river with everyone. We hit a few rapids and that was fun...it sped things up a little. After our tubing was done we headed for the zip lines. I was nervous, I had never done this before so I was scared. I made Jared go first just in case I chickened out so he couldn't talk me out of not going. I ended up doing it and loved it. There were a few lines that I thought were scary because the other end was so far away you couldn't see it. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to stop, and a few times I didn't stop soon enough and ran into the workers who were up there to help us. At the end we also had to repel down and I thought I was going to crap my pants because you just have to turn around sit down and walk of backwards. I was glad when that was over.

Our third stop was in Cozumel Mexico. Here we went on a tour of the Mayan Ruins. It was amazing and amazingly HOT. They said it was over 100 degrees with 50% humidity. I thought I was going to die from the heat. I got so sunburned that day. We also got to go to the beach there by the ruins and it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! The water so blue and sand was so soft. I forgot my bathing suit so I just got to put my feet in the water. After our tour and beach trip we headed out for some shopping and lunch. We ate at a local taco shop place with some very delicious food. Their salsa there was VERY hot....they call IYAHYAHYAH because it sooooo hot. We tried a little. Our tour guide said that to make it they use 10 habareno chilies to only 5 tomatoes, so needless to say you can just imagine how hot it was.

If front of some ruins

At the Beach in Cozumel

Our fourth stop was a private island in the Great Stirrup Cay. This island was it was overcasty and windy. We went out to the beach and Jared decided to go snorkeling. I just stayed on the beach and read my book. Even though it was overcast Jared's back got VERY sunburned while he was out snorkeling.

The time we spent on the boat was great. We slept a lot, ate a lot, relaxed a lot, and played cards with our friends Scott and Jenny a lot!! It was a great vacation and we are so glad that we were able to go. Ian got sick the week before we left with strep and wasn't better by the time we left. Even the day we were leaving I had to take him to the doctor because he was getting worse. I felt so guilty leaving my sick son so I could go have fun. I really didn't start enjoying our vacation until the third day when I talked to my brother who was watching the kids and found out that Ian was getting better. While Ian was getting better Maggie decided to get sick with strep as well so we came home to a sick child. Maggie is getting a little better now but hopefully in the next day or so she will be back to her normal self. Here we decided to go on a vacation and our kids got very sick. We are glad to be back but that means back to work, back to taking care of kids, back to house work, back to life....can I go back on vacation???

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Heather, That trip sounded so amazing. I wish we could go on a cruise like that. I loved that you guys went on an adventure at every stop. I'm sorry the kids were sick.

Alli said...

IT sounds SUPER fun! So glad you enjoyed it! It almost makes me want to go on one.. ugh.. if only I liked water! ha ha SOrry the kids got sick. that's always hard on a mom. Glad that everyone enjoyed themselves though!

Can said...

I'm jealous! It sounds like you guys had a great get away. Sorry the kids were so sick but I am glad you got to enjoy your trip too. Looks like you had a blast!

Nancy said...

Snuba (is that right?) sounds like so much fun! It looks like you guys had a blast!

Memmott Family said...

I love to be on vacation.. I need another one! Sounds like you had alot of fun

Liz