Today was the day....our furry friend, Cheech is gone. I came home from taking Ian to school and Jared told me to say good-bye. Tears came to my eyes and I went and laid down beside her for a few minutes. Is it normal to be this attached to an animal? Jared went and got her carrier and I helped him put her in it. I said good-bye and more tears rolled down my cheecks as they were leaving. I know this is something that had to be done. Ian is allergic to cats and we just couldn't have her around anymore. She was getting old and as most of you know who have been over here that she is not the nicest cat. I just keep telling myself that some old lady with lots of cats will come and take her and give her lots of love. Tens years is a long time to have a cat. She was my first baby. I will miss her and Jared will too (he might not admit it though, but he will miss her). Here it has been 6 hours since she left and Ian hasn't even noticed yet, guess he wasn't too attached to her. I wonder how long it will take before he notices she is gone.
6 comments:
it would be hard when you have been with her for so long! I am sorry you had to get rid of her! At least Ian will get better.
Can't wait until tomorrow! :)
So sad!! I'm so sorry!
I love cats. And I hate getting rid of them. I'm sorry you had to.
Yes it is very normal to be this attached. I thought it was weird when I had Maralyssa's first rat put to sleep and cried my eyes out. I didn't think I was attached to her but I was.
Poor kid. I am allergic to cats too. Love em though. My husband is a big cat lover so we have had a few but after the last one died I have decided not to get anymore unless we get some land and it can be an outside cat.
We have a dog named Black Berry and she is my baby. I spoil her and it shows. I wish I could take her to the reunion but I understand not being able to.
I'm going to miss Cheech too (especially when she had the cool lion hair cut). The sacrifices you have to make as a Mom.
Ok, thats is sad. Im sorry. Man, I can't believe you had had him for that long. I remeber you getting him and me being at your place trying to name him. Goodbye Cheech!
Im glad Ian will be better though with the allregies. That will be good. :)
Post a Comment