Wednesday, February 25, 2009

An Answer

Today I took Ian to an Allergy Specialist. They did any an allergy test on him, which he DID NOT like one bit. It was hard for me too. They had to poke his back with the allergy stuff. The verdict was that he is indeed allergic to cats and not Maggie. Thank goodness because getting rid of the cat will be easier than getting rid of Maggie. I have an emotional attachment to both but Maggie's is stronger, I couldn't give her up!!! Getting rid of the cat will be hard for me too. I have had her for 10 years. She is getting old and probably won't last much longer anyways. So in the next few days I have to say goodbye to my furry friend. The test also showed that he is allergic to wheat and soy. The doctor said to not worry too much about the wheat and soy for right now which is good because if he couldn't wheat and soy then what would I feed him?

Well we are glad to know what was causing the problem and now we just have to get rid of Cheech and keep Ian away from touching cats!!! On the way home I was telling Ian that Cheech was going to have to go away because he was allergic to her and he responded with...Oh after she is gone then we can get a puppy? What a funny boy!! But he might get heart broken because I don't see a puppy in our future.

4 comments:

Shanda said...

Im glad you figured it out. Im allergic to cats too Ian.

Amy said...

I remember when you got that cat, and going to your house to help you name it. Cheech! LOL! Glad you got it figured out.

Jenni said...

I've been curious what the problem was. But now I'm sad you have to get rid of Cheech.

Happy Harrison said...

Ok, so I know that you're sad about loosing your cat and everything, but I busted up when I read "I have an emotional attachment to both but Maggie's is stronger."

You're hilarious.

On a more serious note, I hope you feel better about your catless situation soon.