Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Talk & Hair

Today Ian gave his first talk in Primary. We practiced for the last 3 days and he pretty much had it memorized. He did so good!!! He was the first Sunbeam to give a talk this year. I thought maybe he would chicken out once he got up to the podium but he didn't. I did have to bribe him with a cookie....it worked....he got up there and did it!!

Now onto the Hair part

I never thought the day would come when I would be able to do Maggie's hair in a real hairstyle. This morning I was able to do this....

I know it's not the best picture but it is all I could get, she wouldn't hold still

She finally has enough hair to do more than a little side pony on the top of her head.
My sister's would be so proud!!!

9 comments:

Alli said...

Good job Ian!! that is wonderful!

Awesome on the hair. I remember being so excited to do Kiersten's. Now , I am lucky if I get it done.. :( Horrible I know!

S Tippetts said...

Her hair looks good. Did she leave it alone or pull it out?

buchananclan said...

For the most part she leaves it alone but after a nap it is usually destroyed.

Nancy said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm impressed she stayed still long enough for you to get the elastics in if she wouldn't stay still for a picture! :)

I love doing Rachel's hair but it sure is tricky!

Jenni said...

I love maggie's hair. So cute. And good job Ian.

Happy Harrison said...

Amazing hair!!!

Rach said...

That is really cute! I'm jealous big time! That is pretty funny that Ian had a talk on Sunday...the same day as Emaline! She was also the first Sunbeam to give a talk. (Why they asked the most shy Sunbeam so soon I don't know) Ema also had hers memorized, and was so excited to give it, but cracked when it came time, and didn't utter a word.
Maybe I should have bribed her with a cookie too! :)

Lynnette said...

WoW! Will you do my hair like that when i see you again?

Shawndel96 said...

I have been behind on your blog. The hair is sooo cute! And I love the dress. Did you make that? Can you have her wear the and post another picture? I want to see it. Like from the front. I love it!

Also I mentioned you in my Relief Society not endorsed by the church blog. You can see it from my page. :)