Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Story of Jesus' Birth (according to Ian)

So since today was the Sunday before Christmas Ian's nursery class had a lesson about the birth of Jesus. He colored a lovely picture of Mary with baby Jesus and the three Wisemen. When I went and picked Ian up from nursery he showed me the lovely picture and as we were putting on our coats he said "Look mom this is Mary and baby Jesus he was born in a stiple". I chuckled a little and said "you mean a stable?" He then replied "Oh yeah, and these are the wisemen, they brought Jesus treats". I chuckled again and said " you mean presents?". Ian response was "Yes presents, they brought him a drum". I don't think he was paying attention but I loved his version of the story of Jesus' birth.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the info again on memory mixer! I love your family picture!

Alli said...

Don't you just love kids and what they hear and what they don't hear.. Very cute!

I hope you have a merry Christmas :)

Shawndel96 said...

I love it! Heather, I am so glad you are posting your Ian-isms. It really is like a journal for your kids.

Jeaniece said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog...Merry Christmas. I love reading your stories and looking at the pictures of your family.