I took Maggie to the doctor yesterday because she had a weird rash. I thought maybe she had the chicken pox. Well the doctor looked at her and said it wasn't the chicken pox but it was hand, foot , and mouth disease.....yuck!! I guess that is what we get for going to the Children's Museum (that was the only place this week we went to so that is where she must have picked it up from). He said there is nothing we can do for it, it just has to runs it's course. That disease just sounds so gross and dirty. I swear we are VERY clean people. Clean people shouldn't get things like this....right?!?
While we were in seeing the doctor he went ahead and checked her ears. He took one look and said it was a good thing we came in because Maggie had a pretty bad ear infection in her left ear. I was kinda shocked because I can usually tell when she has one and she hadn't shown any signs of one yet. The doctor said it was pretty bad, so I guess it was good we went in. He gave us a prescription for her ear and the "Disease" will just clear up on it's own in a few days. Poor Maggie....it is always one thing after another with her. I think we are on #6 or #7 ear infection. I am praying she will be healthy for Christmas.....it sucks to be sick on Christmas!!!
8 comments:
I hope she feels better soon! I love your family pictures, by the way!
It sounds like a gross disease, but anybody can get it. :) My little sister had it.
And my friend's husband just got over having it. Like the chicken pox it's way worse in adults than in children.
And actually, I think they think he contracted it from the Children's Museum in Tucson. Dangerous places, these Children's Museums!
Poor maggie. DOes she have tubes. I am on ear inf #3 and I don't like it at all
Hope she gets feeling better
LIz
Oh man.. I am sorry! I am glad you went in though. How crazy is that! I hope she gets better soon..
Poor Maggie. I hope "the disease" runs it's course soon.
Poor little thing, we have had that before and it is no fun! I hope she is over it soon.
I love your family pictures they are so cute.
We lucked out! No signs of it at our house after being at that museum...which surprises me...there were tons of kids running around with who knows what lurking on their fingers! You scared me good when you called though...I was checking my kids mouths for days with a flashlight. :) How is she doing???
I love your family pictures! Hand and Foot Disease! No way! And and ear infection!That is so rough. I can't even imagine. I really hope things get better. They can only get better right?
Post a Comment