Friday, October 31, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

We had a week full of Halloween activities. We had Ian's Halloween Party at his preschool and then yesterday we hosted a Halloween Party for our Ward Playgroup. The kids had fun decorating cupcakes, playing pin the nose on the pumpkin, singing some songs, and reading a fun little story (The Women Who Was Not Afraid Of Anything). All the kids and some mommies came dressed in their costumes.


Today I carved a pumpkin while the kids watched. Maggie wanted to help....well she just wanted to climb onto the table. Ian helped me draw the face but then he just wanted to watch Pokeman. I made homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (which is a family tradition from my childhood) then we got the kids dressed in their costumes. We decided to take the kids just around our little neighborhood (a good perk for living in townhouses...you don't have to walk far in between houses). We weren't gone long but Ian and Maggie sure had fun. They also scored in the candy department. Ian was already deciding what he wants to be for next year!!

Me with my little lamby and turtle

Getting ready to go Trick or Treating

5 comments:

S Tippetts said...

Oh, how fun for all of you. You have a really nice play group. How fun to have them all over to play! The kids look so cute. Could you please email me the picture of the kids in the wagon so I can print them and show my friends. Thanks

Joel, Julie, and Maddie said...

Cute costumes! It looks like you had a great group for the party, I'm sorry we missed it!

Becky said...

HOLY COW!!! Heather Tippets. I'm so glad you found my blog. That is my favorite thing about blogging. All the people I have gotten back in touch with. Keep in touch K and let me know what you've been up to. Where you are, etc... jabgrider@msn.com

Natalie said...

That sounds like so much fun! Wish we could have been there! PS Where do you get your backgrounds from? They're super cute!

Alli said...

SO CUTE!! They are growing so fast.. We need to hang out!!