This morning I was thinking about what I could do with the kids today to keep them happy, Iwas going to have Ashlin, and two of the neighbor kids for the afternoon. While I was racking my brain I had a sudden urge for chocolate and then I came up with a brilliant idea....make chocolate cupcakes. I ran into the garage to look through our food storage to see what kind of cake mix we had. I was in luck we did indeed had chocolate cake mix and chocolate frosting. Ashlin was way excited to make them with me. She did most of the work, I just supervised. I didn't even get too mad when she dropped an egg on the floor. While we were filling up the tin we were singing the theme song from "wonder pets"....what's gonna work? team work..... we thought we were pretty funny.

Ashlin enjoying herself licking the measuring cup
the kids sure enjoyed eating them too!!! they were YUMMY YUMMY!!!!
We also had some more water fun. What else is there to to to keep ourselves cool in the middle of the summer?

here is Maggie trying to climb in the pool....she loves the water

Mggie and Aubrey having some great water fun
3 comments:
Sounds like you have had a really fun Summer so far. That is so great. I agree, what else is there to do but have the kids play in the water!! My kids do every day it seems..
Heather! Seeing all the cute pictures of your kids and seeing how fast Maggie is growing up makes me totally homesick! I love that you have a picture of Abry too. My brother said he met you yesterday and thought you guys were cool. How could he not?!!? I love that you have a blog so I can see how your family is growing!
Once again you are teriffic at coming up with things for the kids to do. I've actually been very hungry for something sweet too. Hollie made a really good cake for Lyla's birthday. (her frosting is sooooo good!) I think I may make a cake tonight myself.
Post a Comment