Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pool Time

Today after lunch I took the kids to the Provo Pool for some pool time. It was so much fun except we all got burned.  Maggie's poor face is soooo pink, I started crying when I saw how pink she was after she woke up from her nap. I put sunblock on all of us , I don't know what happened. Anyways they have this really cool play structure in the middle of the kiddie pool.

Look how fun this is.  Ian and Ash had a blast.
  Ian oved going and spraying people with the water.
They also have 2 big swirly water slides. I made Ian go on it with me....he DID NOT like it one bit. I am such a mean mom, hahaha. The best part of it all is that it was so inexpensive to get in compared to some of the other pools in our area. This pool was only $3 for anyone 4 and older, 3 and under are free. I remember back in the day when I was a youngin' and we would go to the college pool in our city and it only cost us a $1 to go swimming all afternoon. I have such fond memories of going swimming there. I want my kids to have the same fun memories I had of spending summer afternoons in a pool and having fun with my my brother, sister, and our friends. We had fun even though we ended up looking like lobsters.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I need to take LIzzie there. She would love it and that is pretty inexpensive.

Shawndel96 said...

I do remember swimming lessons and helping my mom out. It was so fun. I liked living close, too. Cousins are really fun! We went to Breghten's birthday today. That is Cody's cousin. (Ryans oldest son.) I'll have to post some pictures.

be you blithe and bonny said...

I love that pool - Candace M. introduce us to it! Rhys told me I was the best mom for taking him on water slides! So pat yourself on the back for being willing to go down 'em!

S Tippetts said...

I'm glad that you have fond memories of spending your summers with family and friends at the local pool. Maggie looks so cute with her two top teeth. I guess I haven't taken much notice of them before. Ian and Ash look like they really had fun! You are a great mother and aunt.