Monday, July 21, 2008

New Calling

Yesterday I received a new calling at church. I have had a Primary calling for the past 6 years. I have had callings such as primary teacher, nursery leader, activity day leader, cub scout leader, and sharing time person. Don't get me wrong I love the Primary but 6 years.....it is time to move on. So my new calling is......(drum roll)....RS Assistant Secretary. I am so excited for a new challenge. I went to my first presidency meeting this morning (with my kids in tow...a mistake) and found out what my responsibilities will be. I get to make visiting appointments. The presidency likes to try to visit each sister in the month of their birthday. We also have a lot of people moving in and out all the time so they also like to try to meet with each new sister in the ward. I think this will be good for me and a chance to get to know the sisters in my ward a little better. Wish me luck with my new calling!!!!!

6 comments:

Happy Harrison said...

Congratulations. You'll do a great job. I can't wait to see you in RS.

S Tippetts said...

Congratulations Heather! You will be really good at this. You are very friendly and people like you. Good luck

Jenni said...

I'm sure the primary will miss you but hurray for change and it sounds like a great calling.

Jenni said...

PS the site you were telling me about is "smallnotebook" (with the budget stuff).

Alli said...

Congrats Heather, that is wonderful! Lucky you! You will do wonderful!

kimberlee said...

sweet. when i read your post, i thought to myself how great you fit that calling. you'll be a great asset to the presidency. whip 'em into shape!