Monday, July 7, 2008

Job Jars

So there is this great website called "Make and Takes". I just love it, it is right up my alley. Someone gave her this great idea for Job Jars and I decided to give it a try. I really don't know how old a child should be to in order to give them chores but I guess it is never too early to start. I want to teach my children the value of money (I should probably teach myself while I am at it).  Ian is always asking for a new toy, a new movie, a new book, oh heck he wants something new every time we go to the store. We have decided to have him earn some money and then he can purchase what he wants with his own money.  He will earn 25 cents for each day he does all his "jobs". He loves money and all I had to do was show him the quarter and he did all his chores without any fuss!!! I just hope he is that excited to do his "jobs" everyday!!!!

Here are some of Ian's Jobs. I know they aren't really chores but what else do you give a 3 year to do to earn money? Everyday there will sticks in his jar, color side up and when he does one of his chores he flips the stick over so the color is on the bottom. Cute idea huh???

Look Ian earned his first quarter

He is so proud of his accomplishments

4 comments:

Jenni said...

I knew you would love that site. Ian is so cute and so smart. I think it's cool that you guys are already teaching him the value of money and hard work.

I talked to Zach and he said any day would work except tomorrow. Were you thinking something week day or weekend?

Alli said...

That is a really cute idea! Good thinking!

S Tippetts said...

Hey we did job jars once too. Do you remember? I think it is really good to start teaching him now. Good job mom and dad (Heather and Jared)

Shawndel96 said...

First of all, I love reading your mom's comments. She is too cute. Let her know she can look at my blog any time, too. :) Hi Aunt Sharon!

Second of all, I think that is so awesome! Cody earns money right now when I say a bad word. We call it his swear jar. A quarter a swear. I can tell you I have gotten tons better about not swearing. In fact I stubbed my toe this morning. I almost said a bad word, then I thought "even though he is in the other room I am about to say it really loud, it would still count. I better not say it!" Then, "SHOOOOT!" came out!

Sorry for the story in the comment. I think it is great for you to do that. Don't forget his tithing jar (hee hee) never to early for that habit!

We love you! I thnk a family renuion should happen soon. Want to come to AZ for a visit?