Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Foaminator

So to solve the problem of Ian asking to do something every 10 minutes I had been searching the internet for fun things we can do. I can across this website that had a really fun idea.....The Foaminator. I decided to give it a try and sure enough Ian gave it a two thumbs up. It was really simple to make and it kept my kids occupied for a while. I think we might try it the bathtub tonight as well. All you need is an empty water bottle, an old terry cloth dish towel, a rubber band, and some liquid soap or bubbles. What you need to do to make your own Foaminator is cut the bottom off of the water bottle, then cut a piece of towel to fit the hole, secure with a rubber band. Dip the Foaminator in water to dampen the towel a bit. Next you will need to put some liquid soap in something ( I used a lid), dip the Foaminator in the soap and start blowing. You will have foam everywhere and the kids love it!!!

Our Foaminator

Dipping it in the soap

And the foam begins

So much foam.....so little time

6 comments:

Alli said...

You are so creative .. Your kids have an awesome mom.

We should totally get together soon! let me know what days are best for you.

Jenni said...

I'm going to have to try this with Lizzie. Did he have to blow hard to get the foam to come out? Do you think Lizzie could do it?

S Tippetts said...

WOW!! That is a great idea! Why to go Heather. And how fun for the kids. Maybe I'll make one for grandma's house.

Shawndel96 said...

I had a dream about the Foamaniator after reading this blog. It was awesome!

Kelli J. said...

Hey cuz! Whatcha up to? Your family is darling! So glad Ryan Howard found my blog - I have been bugging Nana for someone's website for months and she keeps forgetting to email it to me! This is such a fun way to stay connected!!! Hope all is well!

Happy Harrison said...

What a great idea. When H~ get older I am definately going to do this. Right now she makes enough of her own bubbles (foam), and it is constantly dribbling down on anything in its path, ie. her neck, hands, my arm, etc.