Monday, June 30, 2008

Swimming Lessons and Ear Infections

Today Ian started swimming lessons. I guess he did OK, at least he wasn't screaming like the other 2 kids in his class. However he did sneak out of the pool a couple of times. I was beginning to think that swimming lessons was not a good idea when I looked over and saw him blowing bubbles in the water like his teacher had asked him to do. I had a proud mommy moment. I just hope tomorrow will be better and he will actually learn something from this class.


Yesterday we went to Jared's mom's house down in Scipio. His sister Jacki and her family were out here for the weekend. It was nice to be with family and let the kids play together and have some good laughs. Maggie pretty much missed her naps. I think she ended up napping for a total of 45 minutes ALL DAY. Around 7pm she was starting to get really fussy so we decided to head home in hopes that she would fall asleep as soon as we got in the car and not wake up until we got home. Unfortunately she SCREAMED the whole way home. After arriving home I quickly bathed her, made a bottle and put her down for the night, so I thought. She didn't sleep long before she was awake screaming her head off. Needless to say neither one of us got a lot of sleep. I just knew it had to be an ear infection. I took her into the doctor this morning and told him that I was pretty sure she had an ear infection. He took a quick look in one ear and told me I was right. So now Maggie has yet another double ear infection. We got different medicine this time and hopefully she won't be allergic to it and look like an alien baby. This is so not fair, I think this is her fourth ear infection and she isn't even a year old yet. I hope we don't have to put tubes in her ears. Hopefully tonight we will both be able to catch up on our sleep!!!!

7 comments:

gnomeswife77 said...

Oh no. Glad you found out though. Thanks for hanging out yesterday. I had such a great time as well. Miss ya already.

Alli said...

Oh man! I am so sorry! That is horrible. I hate sick kids! I hope she gets better soon!! Good luck with the swimming lessons this week!!

be you blithe and bonny said...

Hey Heather! I keep forgetting that you are on here, so to curb that, i am linking you to mine, if that's ok with you! How have you been lately? It seems like I don't get to hear much about you, Ian and Maggie since Jared's not in El's dept. anymore! Don't worry, he'll soon LOVE swimming and be a little dolphin!

be you blithe and bonny said...

OOPS, I missed the ending about Maggie's ears... Bryn had lots before he was 1, too. After about 1 they seemed to clear up and we were able to skip the tubes. Though, I had them when I was younger, and no ill effects!

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry Heather. Ear Infections stink. I hope this one clears up quickly. And good for Ian with his water bubbles. I'm sure he will love the class soon.

Shawndel96 said...

Ear infections do stink. (I use to get swimmers ear a lot but I never needed tubes.) I remember having one at Disneyland, I was 7 years old. we were walking past the Jungle Cruise and I was crying it hurt so bad and I remember saying, "I thought this was susposed to be the happiest place on Earth."

I hope she gets better quickly.

Cody likes hearing your blog.

Livingston said...

Oh So sorry! Totally reminds me of Brooke though. She got alot of ear infections and when she was under a year, and she to one time broke out in a rash with amoxicillian, so to this day she cant have it. Wierd hu? Same story for both of us. I hope she gets better soon. Brooke is 7 now, and no ear problems, so it will all work out in the end.