Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cooling Off at the Pool!!

Today we went with our friend Jenni, her daughter Lizzie, and some of their neighbors to the Spanish Fork Pool. It was so much fun.  Ian and Maggie love being in the water. They have a big twirly slide that Ian wanted to go on so the good mom that I am I took him on it. At first Ian really liked it until I started to lose my balance and I kinda toppled to the side then we hit the bottom and went under....he did not like that at all. I held on to him the whole time but going under freaks him out. After that we just stayed in the very shallow part and let the kids splash around until Maggie got restless. She didn't take a good morning nap so come about 3pm she had had it. While trying to get things ready to go I decided to get Maggie out and dressed first. While she sat in the stroller I went to go get Ian. He wouldn't listen to me so I had to actually get back in the water and pull him out. I had showed him who was boss....so I thought. While looking for his clothes in the bag the little twerp ran away and he made it back into the pool so once again I had to get in and get him. He was laughing and said "I got away from you mommy, I'm so funny!". Some of you reading this might think it is funny too but let me tell you it wasn't. Actually I can laugh about it now but at the time I wasn't laughing. Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying their day at the pool.

Just keep swimming

Our friend Lizzie




Why is it when ever I want to take pictures of my kids they close their eyes or look away? So I tried to get a good pic of Maggie with her eyes open but she wouldn't cooperate.

While I was adding the pictures Ian asked what the words on the computer said so I read it to him and when I was finished he commented with "Wow mom that was a really good story,I liked it!". How cute is that? He makes me laugh!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

We had so much fun and thank you for coming.

Shawndel96 said...

Ian and Drew running away from their mommies at the pool. At least you didnt fall with all your clothes on like Jeaniece did. haha. Swimming is fun. And that shallow part is really cool.

S Tippetts said...

You have an incredibly smart kid on your hands! You have to admit he is funny. I guess maybe sometimes it only will seem funny when you look back at the situation. Maggie looks so cute in her green bathing suit.

Alli said...

Hey Heather. I love your blog! Very cute! I am so glad that you have a blog!!